What chrony to buy?

MagnetoSpeed.
thumbup1.gif

depedning on the model between $190 and $400 currently

the sporter MSRP's at $189 - but is limited to barrels (or suppressors) 1" in diameter or less and doesnt have all the same functionality as the V3

the V3 is their full feature model, but MSRP's at $400

here's their application chart

comparison_grande.png

3rd party retailer prices are a bit lower, but not by a whole ton. i think i recall seeing sale prices down around $360 or so, but please dont hold me to that number.

however - ease of setup, and the fact that it can be used at ranges that dont allow traditional chrono's to be setup really make this thing shine. The other thing is lighting levels dont effect the magnetospeed in any way, shape or form so its quite a bit more versatile int hat respect.

the one place where the magnetospeed does have a weak point is with handguns. There is a rail adapter that fits most semi-auto guns with a mounting point (for like a light) but it doesnt fit them all (my first gen XD is a perfect example) as some of the rail mounts are proprietary .

also you obviously cant use it for archery testing either.

however when you weigh those small cons against all the checks in the 'pros' column, it definitely comes out miles ahead.

the only thing that's currently surpassing it in versatility and utility is the Labradar units, but those are quite a bit more expensive

hth

then just get the v3 and be done with it.

you wont be sorry
smile.gif

takes just a couple mins to mount and get setup. ez peazy
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: seasleyForgot to mention, this will be used maybe two times as I do not reload and use factory ammo

if you weren't going to use anymore than that then I would try and ask a buddy or some one at the range to let you shoot across their's.

I have the Pro Chrony and Magnetto and my vote goes to Magnetto

if you're just doing some work out behind the house, then by all means get a generic chrono.

part of my driving decision is none of the public ranges allow any kind of chrono or whatever downrange at all. hang your targets and get back behind the firing line.

the RSO's all think the magnetospeed is pretty dang neat
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: seasley...bought the v-3, hope it works like they say it does
It will.
I'm about to copy the (V-3) log file into my pc from yesterdays range trip, was all 6.5C with 100,123,140g pills.
Really like that( log file) feature..
And nailed the bull on my 1st 400 yd shot, should've stopped there!

Back