Photon xt plug in lense cap

deadeyefry

How is everyone getting the " plug out of the lense cap on photon xt without breaking anything ?
And which way should it push out ? I'd rather no break anything, and beable to put it back in for daytime
Thanks

I too have the 6.5x model. The plug pushes out with some firm thumb pressure. Are you sure you are pressing in the right direction? With the lens cap closed, the plug pushes "in" toward the lens. Of course, I open the cap and them press it out.

If you can't get it out, you might want to contact the company and ask for a replacement lens cover. My experience with them has been that of good customer service.

I got the plug out, and back in,,, but when I tried to sight the gun in, I ran out of adjustment and it's still shooting 2ft low at 100 yds

I had the same problem. Seems to be a common issue. I ended up doing a lot of shimming and I'm not sure how rock solid it is. The only negative about the scope. Mine is the 4.5x and I put it on a Savage A17 (.17 HMR).

Last edited:
Mine is the 4.5 and I put it on a browning bar mk3 243, I ordered the gun specifically to be used as my night hunting gun,,,,,, I sure hope that the 6 power scope I ordered doesn't have the same problems

Last edited:
If you can find a 20 moa base, that will give you additional elevation. You can also get Burris Signature Z-rings that can do the same thing, but might be a tad more tedious to get to center initially.

Yep, I had the same problem with POI and followed DoubleUp's suggestion of a 20 MOA base. That solved it. My current sighting is X= +6 and Y= -2, so not much adjustment.

Recently I checked zero of the 6.5x Photon mounted on a bolt action 308 that is hopefully to be my hog hunting outfit.. The rifle/scope had been sitting idle for a while. The bullet impact hit way to the right, maybe 8" or so. That was frustrating and I don't know what caused such a big shift in POI. I then resighted and let the rifle sit again for about two weeks and tried again. This time it remained zeroed and two shots went 1/2" and maybe 1/2 to 3/4" to the left of center bullseye at a 94 yard target. This time it held zero.

The laser model, according to the factory rep, will give a slightly further throw, but is not as clear. I do know from my own experience that lasers give a somewhat circular artifact view whereas an LED type illuminator gives a smoother view. Most likely you will not use the on-board illuminator very much anyway, so it may not matter which model you get.

The "L" model is the laser. My scope is the 6.5s.

Back