ATN X Sight II? It's getting good reviews.....

DocGlenn

I stumbled across a review (video) of the new X-Sight II, and it looked interesting. Made me look up a few more, and they also look good. I know ATN has a bad reputation overall with a lot of people, but this thing really does look decent for the price. Has anyone in the real world tried one out? If anyone does, please post a review and let us know. Thanks!

I've been hoping some videos from the X-Sight II as well as the new Thor HD thermal. Can you supply a link to the video. Thanks

Its really hard to say without them being side by side. Maybe after some more Thor videos come out it will be easier to compare, plus the varying factors of ambient heat and humidity could make a difference. But anyway, from just that one video it looks like the Thor is doing a [beeep] fine job for the money and considering some here are anti-ATN.

Understand for sure the changing conditions for thermal clarity. I guess some actual hunting videos will filter out there at some point.

My buddy just bought the xsight II. , sighted in real easy during the day,,,,and on Saturday night we went out calling,,,, he is returning the scope, neither 1 of us could get a decent view to even try to take a shot,,,,,,, I'm glad i decided to hold off on buying anything until I had a chance to look through his,,,,,, I am going to go with the photon 6.5x50L. Sure made my mind up in a hurry after looking through his

deadeyefry,

Did you use an external IR device to assist this ATN unit? Most all of these lower end digital units have to have a good strong external IR device to allow them to work properly in pretty much all ambient light conditions (no moon to full moon). For example, the on-board IR device that comes with the Photon is only good out to 75 or 100 yards but adding the HTRN T-20 (850nm or 940nm) to it will almost triple the range. If you did not have any IR assistance on the ATN, then that was likely the most significant cause of your inability to see anything with it. Kevin

Just today I got a letter from a friend who has now owned both new and old versions of the X-Sight. Here's his words in an e-mail to me today.

"I recently went back to try the ATN X-Sight II HD. If you remember, I tried the original X-Sight when they released it....bad mistake. It was garbage. I sold that and still needed a backup for my Drone Pro 10X so I bought the new ATN X-Sight II HD 3X14 and it was not much better than the first one. Video tearing when you pan fast or even moderately fast and ATN only had a one-shot zero capability. That one thing, the one shot zero, is why I sold that one. It is not possible ,with the resolution ,to see the bullet holes and arrange both reticles to get zeroed."

Looks like it's back to the drawing board for ATN.

The X-Sight III Super Deluxe Ultra HD should get much better reviews and lots of updates to make it work once it is released.

Back