First custom rifle for me.... Finished!!!

TaterTot

Just wanted to show off the finished project. I have to give a big shout out to JoeBob's for this one. I would say that about 75% of my parts were ordered through them. I also have to give thanks to several of the members on here for helping me out with reloading info for this thing! Lots of good guys on here!

For those that have missed the slow build thread, here is a build list: 20 Practical

Aero Precision Upper
Spikes Tactical Punisher Lower
24" X-Caliber Barrel 1x11 twist 6 groove
Bravo Company BCG
Seekins Precision MCSR 15" M-Lok Handguard
JP Rifles Low-Pro Adjustable Gas Block
Rainier Arms Raptor Charging Handle
LUTH AR Buttstock
Elftmann Tactical 3 gun Trigger
Ergo Grip
Warne X-Skel 30mm Scope Mount
Vortex HS-T 4-16x44 (not the scope in the picture)

I did some quick work up on some loads. This is rounds 26-30 through the rifle. The load is 24.5 grains of VV 133 under a 35 grain Berger HP. I will work on seating depth a little bit to try and tighten it up. The bottom hole was the cold bore shot. I had a similar cold bore shot with a second group of this charge.

I think this thing is gonna be a shooter!!!

Last edited:
.20 cal stuffed in a .223 case, IIRC
grin.gif

Thanks guys!

Originally Posted By: pyscodogNice rifle! How do you like the Luth-AR stock? I have been looking at one too.

So far I like the stock quite a bit. I'll see if that changes when I go to mount up a sling on it. The quick connect cup is up close to the receivers. I would like to sling this just like a normal rifle with the attachment spot at the rear of the stock.

Back