Geiselle ssa-e vs Gieselle ssa which one

igor

Midway lists Geiselle ssa-e, $240 ,and Gieselle ssa $220. Whats the difference, the $20 is negligeable. I will put it in a RRA LAR-8. Is it as easy to install as I've heard Thanks

Last edited:
The ssae felt much nicer than the ssa that I tried in the past. My go to for Geissele is usually primary Arms, they have sales often. If you can wait you'll find really good deals around black Friday

^Yup, Primary Arms has ~20% off sales regularly. Sign up for their emails and watch for when they go on sale. You can get one closer to $200 I believe.

I've owned both, and for a hunting rifle, the SSA-E wins hands down. If you really wanted to go with the best, take a look at the Geissele High Speed DMR. The trigger pull weight and break are adjustable. Blows the SSA-E out of the water. They typically run about $50 more, but it's well worth the price difference.

Granted you get what you pay for. However, I can promise you that you are not going to hate that SSA-E. I own half a dozen (mostly in hunting rifles) and haven't needed anything more.

Originally Posted By: steelheadmikeI have had both plus the SD-E (flat SSA-E). There is a difference between them but my favorite is the SD-E. The flat trigger just does it for me.

I prefer the flat triggers also

Originally Posted By: bigtommyI have the SSA-E and the G2S which is the same as the SSA. The G2S is only 156 with joebobs. I do like the SSA-E a bit more because of the lighter trigger pull but the G2S is still very nice and you would not be disappointed. The difference in in the G2S and the SSA is that the logo is not on the G2S. http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Geissele_2_Stage_Trigger_p/ga-g2s.htm

check it out

I'm pretty sure I've seen the G2S cheaper than that on DSG Arms or Primary Arms on sale. Just a heads up.

I have an SSA that I love, can't remember when I got it but I know at the time it was under $180 so it's obviously been awhile. Recently I decided to upgrade another lower and I went with a LaRue MBT also a very nice trigger, especially since I got it on sale for $99. I haven't had a chance to try the SSA-E because I knew with my weak will power I'd be out another couple of hundred.

I have a SSA-E on one of my builds also. Very nice trigger. Picked it up @ primary arms on Black Friday last year. They run very good sales for the holidays

You might want to consider a Brownell's Geissele. It is the B-2GS-E for 185 plus shipping. It's the same function as the SSA-E. I have both and they are great triggers. Easy to install and a pleasure to use.

Back