Weaver European scopes 30mm tube

pwee

Has anyone looked through one of these Scopes with 30mm tubes?
Natchez has them on clearance and was wondering if they were worth the money?

Thank you, Jerry

A buddy has one on his 338 lapua. I looked thru it a few times & shot at 200 yards. I was impressed. Seem like good glass. Crisp & clear to the edges at full magnification. I liked the turrets. I just ordered one. Couldn't turn it down for 239. I'm a leupold man. But man those Mark 4 s are pricey. Replacing a Burris signature select 8X32 on my 6.5 X47. Hard to put big money scopes on every rifle in the safe.

Which Model are you considering??? The Super Slam Euro's are 30mm scopes and are excellent scopes. The Classic Extremes are also 30mm but I have no experience with them.

When I was researching these, I could have swore I came across something saying they are made in China, but now I can't find it. I would be curious how long the battery life is on the illuminated models, such as the 1.5-6x24. Anyone?

OK, now I found a review on Amazon that mentions they are made in Japan, which makes a lot more sense since Light Optical Works, Ltd. manufactures most, if not all, of Weavers higher end scopes.

If you like those check out some of the Minox scopes I have one it ran me about 200$ or so it blow all my other scopes a way My son liked it so much he stole it off my gun and put it on his.

What Minox scope are you running?

I was actually looking at the Minox ZA5 HD 2-10x40 for my predator AR I'm building. Seems like the perfect mag range, but I've read so many up and down reports on the quality of these optics, so I've been a little hesitant. I think the ZA5 HD's still SCHOTT glass, but are manufactured in Asia somewhere.

The European Weaver was designed for the European scope market since they mainly use the metric system,the scopes turrets adjust in centimeter units. I would bet that these scopes didn't sell very good in that market,and Weaver made a deal with Natchez to get rid of them in the USA market for a cheap price.
I have some Weaver Super Slams and Classic Extreme scopes,and they are very good optics for the price.

Natchez sales a cheaper version of the Classic Extreme scopes,I have an original Weaver Classic Extreme scope. It was made in Japan. The ones that Natchez sales are made in the Philippines,they look the same,but they aren't the same scope or quality of the Japanese scope.
It took me a bunch of time and phone calls,but I finally got someone at Weaver to admit the Classic Extreme scopes that Natchez sells are made exclusively for Natchez. They are not actually a "Closeout" scope.

I got my weaver European 5x25 in the mail last week. I got it mounted on my 6.5. Took it out back to the 100 yard range. The reticle took a it to get used to.. Played with the turrets a bit. Seemed to track ok. This is my first 30mm scope. Wow what a difference . Now the turrets are .5 cm , so 5 clicks is like 1.08 inch.. Mill dot reticle . Don't know if I could get a better scope at this price point. Taking it to 600 yards in a week or so. Will let you know how it does.

Back