Just have to laugh about it

ANF Hunter

So I got into this all-consuming mess of coyote hunting with a buddy of mine about 5 years ago, splitting the cost of a foxpro wildfire II and dumping a few hundred dollars into some decent lights. He's just recently had a new baby boy and hasn't been able to get out much, so I look forward to when we can get out and get after them. The last 2 times we've been out we've seen coyotes, but in the most frustrating way possible. 2 weeks ago after hunting all morning and hearing some but never seeing them, we go to our local horseshoe league end of year tournament/ picnic. 10 horseshoe pits lined up behind the roof of our local rifle range, full of guys drinking beer and throwing horseshoes.... doesn't 'Ol Wiley trot right across the entire width of the rifle range at exactly 100 yards.... stopping for a few moments to give everyone a good look at him before breaking back into the woods. incredible. Last night after a long, unproductive sunset stand with coyotes howling all over we head back into town talking about what we may or may not have done wrong or right.... there goes 'Ol Wiley bouncing across the road 30 yards in front of the truck. it's so rare to actually be able to see them in the thick woods around here it's almost a special event to get a good look at one of them. They sure do know how to frustrate a couple fellas.... but all you can do is laugh about it.

And pictures are always fun so here's my first, and biggest coyote from a few years back.
IMG_4111_zpsn1efmrbl.jpg

That's the way it seems to go. About the only hard and fast rule I've learned about coyote hunting is that just when you think you've got them figured out, they'll change it all up and do something totally opposite of what you expect. I guess that's why we stick with this, eh? Who likes predictability anyway?

just the other night my cousin's wife told him he needs to chain their dog up because someone elses's dog running the neighborhood. he turns around and there at the end of the driveway is a coyote standing in the middle of the street.

to her credit she'd never seen one, so she had no idea.

next day they saw it across the road - just hanging out on the neighbor's lawn - and after talking to a few neighbor's its been hanging out down the street pretty regularly. the one neighbor thinks its cute and "friendly looking" from what he tells me. he warned her not to try to befriend it/try to get close to it, even if it looks friendly.

silly urban 'yotes. and even dumber suburban people
blink.gif
rolleyes.gif

if only it weren't illegal to discharge a firearm in the city limits (the sub backs up to about 100 acres of woods).

Take it as a personal challenge! If something like this happens when my wife is present, she states, "THEY'RE TAUNTING YOU"!
If only she knew!

Originally Posted By: flintrock Take it as a personal challenge! If something like this happens when my wife is present, she states, "THEY'RE TAUNTING YOU"!
If only she knew!

My wife says that every time we see a coyote driving down the road.
lol.gif

Back