grendel mag.

Originally Posted By: ed# 5will magizines that are made for 7.62x39 work?

Ed

I have some new ASC 7.62's I'll have to try that in the next few weeks. Now I run about a dozen ASC 6.5's in all my Grendel variants and the same ones for all my 6.8 variants. Plus the ASC's will allow you to load out to about 2.316 and that is a GOOD thing.

Greg

Posted ONLY for the sake of information:

I have been playing with the Grendel necked up to 35 caliber for almost two years now and I will tell you that I have ASC mags for the Grendel that swell when loaded.

Now: before anyone says "Of course they will swell, you have them stuffed with .358" projectiles!", let me say this: the datum line of the 6.5 Grendel is significantly larger than the ogive of the .358" bullet, so that argument won't wash.

I hope your ASC mags (assuming that is what you order) work for you. Just don't be surprised if they bulge after about half a dozen rounds and fail to feed, or even go into the magwell without additional effort.

Just my honest $.02...

i have asc mags and have never had a problem with those. However i did forget my grendel mags before i went out one day and wound up using a gen 2 moe .2223 30 round pmag. I had 6 rounds in it and didnt experience any bulging or feeding problems. Now that being said its not something i would do everyday but it does work in a pinch

I don't think I've ever seen a grendel mag made by anyone other than ASC. I bought those at 44mag bc that's what I found and the prices are good. Then I went back & bought more of them.

again, so far with no issues of any kind with any of them. but it hit me that I just don't recall seeing any from another manufacturer.

Originally Posted By: Stu FarishI don't think I've ever seen a grendel mag made by anyone other than ASC. I bought those at 44mag bc that's what I found and the prices are good. Then I went back & bought more of them.

again, so far with no issues of any kind with any of them. but it hit me that I just don't recall seeing any from another manufacturer.

Alexander Arms, MagPul, C-Products and PRI also make/sell them.

Greg

Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: Stu FarishI don't think I've ever seen a grendel mag made by anyone other than ASC. I bought those at 44mag bc that's what I found and the prices are good. Then I went back & bought more of them.

Yeap ^^^^ and IMO the PRI are the BEST...
Alexander Arms, MagPul, C-Products and PRI also make/sell them.

Greg

Back