20 Practical gas system length

Broken Clay

I am getting parts together to build a 20 practical upper. What length gas systems is everyone running on their 20 practicals? I would like to run the rifle length if it will cycle properly. Barrel length will be 20". Thanks

Why use the adjustable gas block? Is there something on the practical that produces excessive pressure? This is the 1st AR upper that I have put together so I'm trying to learn as much as possible. Thanks

Originally Posted By: Broken ClayWhy use the adjustable gas block? Is there something on the practical that produces excessive pressure? This is the 1st AR upper that I have put together so I'm trying to learn as much as possible. Thanks

No pressure issues per.se. It allows you to tune the gun for different powder/bullet combinations.

Greg

Rifle length is what did with my 20&22" 20P builds.
1 had the AGB the other a standard GB & didn't have any issues with any loads using a standard block at all.

20 Practical w/ 20" barrel = rifle length with adjustable gas block and enough barrel port to ensure the AGB = the throttle.

Standard gas block will work, but AGB will give assurance all loads will be properly gassed.

Last edited:
Back