Thermacell?

If they can smell your Thermacell they are going to smell you. They work awesome for the mosquitoes. Used them bear hunting and the bears didn't mind.

Originally Posted By: Tka250If they can smell your Thermacell they are going to smell you. They work awesome for the mosquitoes. Used them bear hunting and the bears didn't mind.

They are definitely going to smell it......just wondering if the smell is alarming to them. My scent control regimen is pretty strict. Although no matter what you do, you will never eliminate your scent totally, i do reduce it enough that is is not alarming to most deer. I agree.....they work fantastic on keeping the mosquitos away.....just hoping they won't keep the deer away also.

Originally Posted By: vahunterIf the scent worries you, they make earth scent mats for them.

Thanks vahunter.....I was not aware of that! Have you tried them?

I just use the regular mats and don't worry about it. The way I figure if I can kill deer with a cigarette hanging out of my mouth then the mats are the least of my worries.

I went on a bow hunt down in Mississippi and was told "you better bring your Thermocell". First day wasn't bad because it was windy. Saw deer all day. Second day was rough,no wind, plenty of all kinds of bugs. Turned on the Thermocell and that took care of the bugs. Saw deer again. I think as long as you are downwind it doesn't bother them. I smelled a little smell coming out of the Thermocell and wondered if it would spook them. Didn't seem to bother them. I'm not going to worry about it (the smell) as if I'm fighting the bugs I'm not going to be still and deer will see my movement.

I used a Thermacell a lot when I was bow hunting. Ive killed several deer that were close while it was on and working.
Im sure they cam smell it but it didnt seem to bother the deer I shot. They sure do a good job keeping the mosquitos away.

I wouldnt worry about it. They flat out work. Iv had deer down wind and not smell it but any deer down wind that doesnt not smell you isnt in your scent cone period!! No matter what you do.

Back