Gone From Colorado

semo97

It happened very fast, put the house and 40 acres on the market middle of June had a contract first week of August and closed the 23rd of September. Got what we wanted, put everything in storage and went back to Texas. Staying with my kids in three different locations until we find the right place. The only thing is I help with remodel and other projects which I come and help with anyway. There are draw backs, copperheads and dry tails (rattlers) hot humid weather but the benefits (kids & grandkids) out weight it all. I had a very fine place at 7800 ft. bear, lion, cats, coyotes, turkey, mule deer and elk. but just did not agree with Colorado politics and it was getting worse. My hat is off to you conservative guys that live there your few and far between.

Welcome back to Texas, Semo. It has it's drawbacks, such as the snakes you mention, heat and humidity, but at least we got 21% oxygen in the air we breath (I swear them coloradans done used up most of the O2 in that air out there!
grin.gif
) and most of the northern part of the state (with exception of Austin...and the RGV) has some political sense left. (Forget the Rio Grande Valley except for the fact that we got no copperheads or cottonmouths
lol.gif
)

Shame what the pot heads have done to CO; your place sounds like heaven if they just weren't plum crazy out there.

Truly God's country, but I'll never set foot in the state again.

Regards,
hm

It was a good time to sell, I don't think the stock market will hold much longer, and house prices will fall with the stock market. I'm inclined to cash out while prices are going up and homes are selling.

Being gone a month now and haven't come up for air yet. The kids keep the wife and I busy with remodel and painting grand kids and school sports. High school football playoffs some of the best football every. Son coaches DBs at a 6A school and will go to playoffs. Have gotten out for a couple of days to look at several place and land, may have to go across the red river to get more land for your dollar. We like north Montague county it is one of those things you look and look and the right place with the right feel will come along. We have been searching and have come across a lot of places east of 35 & 45 in Henderson, Anderson, Navarro, counties. Big house's 2500 to 4000 sq.ft. and 30 to 80 acres 30 to 50 years old and priced fairly well and quite a few months on the market. It makes me wonder what is up there.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: semo97Being gone a month now and haven't come up for air yet. The kids keep the wife and I busy with remodel and painting grand kids and school sports. High school football playoffs some of the best football every. Son coaches DBs at a 6A school and will go to playoffs. Have gotten out for a couple of days to look at several place and land, may have to go across the red river to get more land for your dollar. We like north Montague county it is one of those things you look and look and the right place with the right feel will come along. We have been searching and have come across a lot of places east of 35 & 45 in Henderson, Anderson, Navarro, counties. Big house's 2500 to 4000 sq.ft. and 30 to 80 acres 30 to 50 years old and priced fairly well and quite a few months on the market. It makes me wonder what is up there.

I liked the Burnett area when I was there, Louisiana too.

Wait to see if it turns blue, there will be way more houses on the market
lol.gif

Back