Home Alone

vahunter

Well not exactly, just me and the dog. The wife left today with her sisters for a trip to Hawaii. She'll be back on Wednesday so in the meantime I can eat what I want and turn the TV as loud as my hearing impared self needs it. I know by Monday I'll wish she was back. Guess she deserves a break after putting up with me for almost 40 years.

Try not to get into trouble while the warden is away!
wink.gif

My wife occasionally has veterinary conferences that she goes to by herself if she can't take longer to where we make a vacation out of it. She'll call me and tell me what was up and if she tried a good restaurant. She'll ask what I did for dinner and I tease her and tell her I went out to a Sushi restaurant. She considers eating sushi without her worse than cheating on her, it is her definition of cheating.

I usually go to the store and look for some good steaks and pork chops, and shrimp. Jeanne watches her cholesterol so I don't eat steaks that often except our home grown Highland beef. I get fat ribeyes and big mushrooms and have myself barbecued steak or pork chop with shrimp and mushrooms. I've got a couple of friends who are always up for that type of guys dinner with a few hours of shooting pool. Another friend likes to cap it off going out back to call in some coyotes.

A break here and there is a good thing.

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZMake some spicy chili, and enjoy the peace and quiet.(until that chili makes it to the other end) lol

I'm taking out some deer burger to thaw just for that reason. Good idea.
thumbup1.gif
thumbup1.gif

I love me some good chili. Thankfully, so does she!

Yeah, the breaks are nice from time to time. They really do help the relationship IMO. I'm currently 45 days into a "break." That's a bit too long, but the nature of my career. Anyways, enjoy it while you can and enjoy her when she makes it back.

I turned down a consulting gig that would have had me away for two or three weeks at a time, some I could have gotten away with only a week and do the report work at home. That seemed like too much away time. Money isn't always everything. That's fun for awhile but gets old quick.

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZpost a pic of the results. (the chili pot please)
smile.gif

you went back and edited that part in after you posted it because you got scared didnt you
grin.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

vahunter,,,If you want some really good venison chili,,Next year, save the neck bone and after boiling the meat off, use that meat for your chili...spiced properly, you can't get a better pot of chili, I think that's the sweetest part of the deer...

I came in second place one year in a local chili cook off...one of the judges down graded me a point for it being not quite as hot as he liked...

Originally Posted By: OldTurtlevahunter,,,If you want some really good venison chili,,Next year, save the neck bone and after boiling the meat off, use that meat for your chili...spiced properly, you can't get a better pot of chili, I think that's the sweetest part of the deer...

I came in second place one year in a local chili cook off...one of the judges down graded me a point for it being not quite as hot as he liked...

I used to keep a dried ghost pepper on hand for just such occasions. the grater does a fine powder, I swear you have to count the particles going in. My grandfather liked a mild chili, I put twenty specks or so of ghost pepper in and it was way too hot for him, he was totally ticked off.

Originally Posted By: OldTurtlevahunter,,,If you want some really good venison chili,,Next year, save the neck bone and after boiling the meat off, use that meat for your chili...spiced properly, you can't get a better pot of chili, I think that's the sweetest part of the deer...

The neck roast is my favorite part of the deer.

I'm gonna have to try that.
thumbup1.gif

Chili is for beginner's. My granddaughter makes me chile from New Mexico pods. When only the best will do...It has to come from New Mexico!!

Originally Posted By: Plant.OneOriginally Posted By: Tbone-AZpost a pic of the results. (the chili pot please)
smile.gif

you went back and edited that part in after you posted it because you got scared didnt you
grin.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
I was thinking the exact same thing when I read his post, I was almost rolling in my seat lol.

Lol. I don't want a pic of the chilli results afterwards, haha

Before it's eaten please.

Chilli and corn are two things that don't change after eating

Back