Buy the $550.00 AR15 or RRA ?

Originally Posted By: RiflemannGoe, sorry been away from the puter for awhile. Here is my handloads that I shoot through my 2 Rocks.
Remmington Brass
Hornady 55gr. V-Max #22271
CCI Benchrest Primer
25.5gr. Charge of H-4895
Chrono speed of 3120fps
10 shots under a dime at 100 Meters in our clubs 100 Meter Underground range in West Fargo ND. (RRRMC.com)
When I miss a coyote, there is no blameing the gun, it's me.
Take Care----Riflemann THANKS ! I will do a work up on your load info.

I have the Windham varmint SS it is a little on the heavy side but it will shoot a dime size hole in 3 shoots at a 100 yards and it is good at 200 yd

I have the Windham varmint SS it is a little on the heavy side but it will shoot a dime size hole in 3 shoots at a 100 yards and it is good at 200 yd I am 75 years young so that is a very accurate gun

I have a serious case of black rifle disease and as a result own several AR's and many uppers. One of my best shooting AR's is a free floated AR with a chrome lined 16" inch, ban era barrel with no flash hider on it. I also have a 7.62x39 Model 1 Sales upper that shoots surprisingly well. I did not break the bank on either upper. In my experience one of the most key elements for AR accuracy is the trigger. My biggest disappointment is an upper that hosts a high-end barrel that struggles to achieve MOA accuracy.

I just ordered the Ruger AR556 myself after pondering the same thoughts...can't wait to try it out and see if it shoots as good as my CMMG M4.

That is a hard question to answer without insulting you for asking it. They are only the same in the fact that they shoot the same size cartridge. That said, I am a Rock River guy.

I have 2 ARs built by Predator Technology Group (SnowmanMo) who is one of our sponsors.
This is a 100 yard group from the PTG 6.5 Grendel with factory Hornady ammo.
image.jpg2.jpg
[/URL]

This is from my PTG 204 at 100 yards with factory 40gr Hornady Vmax.
image_2.jpeg
[/URL]

I have a 16" RRA Coyote Carbine, haven't seen a load yet that it doesn't like (factory or reload). I have a thermal scope mounted on it now for hogs and coyotes. If I were going to buy again, think I would go with the new RRA Mountain Rifle at 6 1/2 lbs. I would go with a RRA instead of another brand, but that's just me.

My friend sold me an RRA varmint A4 with a solid knurled tube handguard and bead blasted stainless 18" barrel for 450... less than 100 rounds down it too...
thumbup.gif

What are you guys using your railed gas blocks for? I've got a giant, thick railed gas block and nothing to do with it once I mount my scope.

I got rid of my railed gas block. It was both huge and heavy compared to the small lightweight version I replaced it with. It was unnecessary weight.

I'm not sure which RRA model I have, I bought it the morning after Sandy Hook because there were three ARs left on the wall and I was the first in line and would not get a second pick after the one they put in my hands to check out. I chose it because it had their target trigger. But it is not a floated hand guard.

I worked up a load, then ran 600 rounds of it through my progressive press with "1X fired" mixed brass. Even with such sub-par loads it is consistently under MOA. I can't help but say pony up for RRA.

I've never actually built one but I've never bought a new factory one either. I have always bought complete lowers and complete uppers as mentioned above.

I own both. I have a 20 inch Rock River Predator Pursuit. That shoots nickel sized groups with 55 grain Sierra blitzking. And also a DPMS Oracle with a free-float handguard that shoots three quarter til 1 inch groups with 55 grain V-Max. Both work great take your pick

Back