Fighting ticks and chiggers......

Mark204

Back in mid August my friend and I went to the property to check the cams and put up some more stands. Neither one of us thought about bug spray.....big mistake for him, He got it bad, around the ankles, up the legs and around the waist band, I came out with nothing. Three days later we are at the gym and he's showing off his nasty bites, it was driving him nuts at night. Another bow hunter told him to take the supplement called Pantothenic Acid, He said the little critters won't bite you if you take it regularly. My buddy text me later that day saying he had purchased some, I told him to send me a pic of it thinking I was just lucky the last time and should probably get some.
He sends me a pic of a bottle of Supper B-Complex and I thought that's funny, I already take Super B-Complex...Is that why I didn't get ate up?....So, I thought I would put this to the test, I 've been out there 3 more times checking the cams and still no bites, go figure.
I knew Super B-Complex was good for stress and hangovers, but I had know idea it would keep the bugs from biting.
Just thought I would throw this out there, because we all know how bad chigger bites are......they suck!

Here Kitty Kitty

If you can stand smelling pretty, Avon Skin So Soft lotion works great for ticks and chigger. It used to be cheap until Avon found out people were using it for ticks and chiggers so of course they upped the price years ago.

I try to avoid them altogether by spraying my clothes and boots with a dose of Permethrine.

I was recently told that bathing in Head and Shoulders shampoo will help with chiggers. Of coarse this is also after being exposed to them.
If its just simply Super B complex to avoid bites then Ill gladly start taking it again.

We have redbugs bad on the farm. ive been using Bens bug spray in a orange can. spray boots and bottom of pants legs along with around my waist below pocket level and usually dont get any unless i forget to spray. Got a pint of Permetrine in the truck that i was goin to use on my snake boots and see if it works.

Very rarely get a tick off me, usually only when we go deep in the woods ill find one on my shirt or something.

I know there are tons of products out there to protect us from the critters. My point to all this was that I'm not spending ANY money on those over priced product anymore, along with getting a good dose of the B-vitamin family, lol.

Here Kitty Kitty

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GCI try to avoid them altogether by spraying my clothes and boots with a dose of Permethrine.

Been using this stuff for years, it works.

Originally Posted By: GCI try to avoid them altogether by spraying my clothes and boots with a dose of Permethrine.
Yep, started this spring, need to spray my camo stuff for the 3rd time this year.
Brought no bugs home so far..
When the bottle runs dry, going to get the concentrate at TSC & mix my own.

Permetherin, Permetherin, Permetherin. Hunt Arkansas and Oklahoma early season every year. If I could buy bulk permetherin from Sam's I would
thumbup1.gif

Back