450 bushmaster

yotehunter243

Ordered a couple hundred 275gr TSX Barnes bullets for deer and hogs. Looking at getting Lilgun or H110. Did know if there are any 450 guys out there that have a preference

ive been experimenting with lil gun lately (mostly because i have a lot of it and i know its a lot more forgiving on the upper end of its charge range than H110 is), but haven't pony'ed up for any barnes yet.

i'm setting 2234 FPS avg with a max charge of Lil Gun (hornady's 9th data) and cci 400's under 250 ftx. SD under 20 and prints right with factory loads which go 2241 in my gun with over 2x the SD.

i've got a 20" bushmaster upper with a ross brake on it.

a max charge of lil gun with the 300 XTP mag is a whollapper, but unfortunatly my gun doest like that load at all. 2000 FPS is too hot for them it seems. My gun was much happier with them around 1800 fps.

i want to try those heavies with some 1680 or D0-63.1 and see how those run with it. i think i might be able to get some nicer numbers there, but that remains to be seen so far. Didnt get nearly the bench time i wanted this summer for load workups so my data collection suffered because of it.

Back