Sad to hear....Legend Gerry Blair has passed.

canislatrans54

I just heard the news.
A true legend in our sport, Mr. Gerry Blair, has passed away.

I didn't actually know Gerry.
But, I was fortunate enough to meet him, and chat for a few minutes, back in 2008 @ the World Expo in K.C.
And he was gracious enough to sign my copy of one of his books that I had with me.

Meeting Gerry was on of those "bucket list" things. I will miss him.

Yeah, I regard Gerry as the true father of predator hunting. I fondly remember talking to him on the phone, and telling him how honored I felt to even have my name mentioned on the same page with his on FoxPro. He replied that he was feeling the same way about me. He will surely be missed by all who love this sport.

Bummer. Hope all who are unfamiliar with Gerry Blair take the time to investigate and learn more about him. He and Bob Milek are/were probably my favorite outdoor writers. His writing style and humor are unequaled in my opinion.

I met Gerry at the Coconino faigrounds when I was competing in the state calling contest. I love that he called his 10 guage Moosedick and his 22 250 Peewee. I'll be thinking of Gerry when I'm the screamer on a stand.

Quote: His writing style and humor are unequaled in my opinion.

He was one of the good guys, may he RIP!

Regards,
hm

My brother bought me the "Predator Callers Companion" for xmas in 1984. Been a fan of Gerry's for a long time.

RIP Mr Blair.

Dang I loved his stories when I used to get the Trapper and Predator Caller magazine, that was 25+ years ago now. He could really turn a phrase!

Never got to meet Gerry. Just talked on the phone and corresponded via emails. A good guy. A true original. A character. He'll be missed...

- DAA

Back