Utah Hunters

AllPredatorCalls

Utah Hunters a proposed NEW ordnance allowing Night Hunting in Kane County has been posted on the Kane County website.

Kane County, Utah Website

Proposed Ordnance HERE

Map of Kane County Utah (Located in Southern Utah)

I encourage anyone interested in night hunting and opening some prime predator hunting area to night hunting to PLEASE contact the Kane County commissioners and respectfully request there support in approving and adopting this new ordnance.

You can call and voice your support or send an email

Commission Chairman Clayson (435) 644-4902
Commissioner Smith (435) 644-4903
Commissioner Matson (435) 644-4904

Email the Commission HERE

Thanks,

APC

Will look into it! I will support and do my due diligence on this matter, as I live part time in Kane Co. thanks for the information. Regards, Drop

It's not about the $10. It's about more control and the ability to fine you hundreds of dollars for not following their rule. You really want to report to the sheriff and let them know who, what, when, and where every time you go hunting? That part is a deal breaker for me. This isn't an ordinance to make it easy for you it's an ordinance to make it easy for them.

Last edited:
All very good points. However night hunting is currently not aloud in Kane County, Utah. So your options are NO NIGHT HUNTING at all or pay $10 and call sheriff dispatch an let the know the area where you will be night hunting.

Although not ideal or my preference, I see this as finely opening the door and possibly an incremental step to opening unrestricted night hunting access in the future.

Hopefully you will take the time to voice your concerns to the Kane County Commissioners regarding the ordnance.

I will. It just irritates me that there is a law on the books in the first place. "No" night hunting because "we" know you are going to do something illegal. I see they copied the ordinance that was passed by Washington co and Beaver co. except more restrictive reporting, permit fees, permit expiration dates and open and closing dates. I will suggest to help avoid conflicts with hunters from contiguous counties they all get on the same page. Our Hunting and fishing permits in Utah are one year from the date of purchase. Why have a permit that expires in the middle of a
season?

That's the law here in Colorado except you have to get local warden to issue a permit then you call and let them know when and where you will be calling so they do not have to come out and see what is going on. No big deal to me.

Unfortunately it is because of the careless hunters that a lot of counties put a stop to it all together. Careless people shooting cattle. I can understand them wanting to know where and when. That way they don't waste needed resources to investigate when they get a call about spot lights and shooting. They will already know what is going on. I would have no problem with it if any counties up here allowed it.

Your absolutely right, it is about making it easier for them. If a hunter calls in and says he is in a white Chevy and will be in such and such area, then they won't need to send a deputy to investigate the shots fired call. And you won't have an LEO or multiple LEO's pulling up to your stand screwing stuff up. The only time they show up is when you have one coming on a string. People who call in and say they will be hunting in a certain area are much less likely to shoot something they shouldn't. Furthermore, they know what area to go search when your spouse calls in and says you didn't make it home on time. It is a fair compromise.

I agree! If you don't live or hunt in Kane Co. then you have nothing to worry about. If the door opens to night hunting, I'm all for that. Since I live and hunt quite a bit in Kane Co. and my primary animal I'm calling are fox, which are best hunted in the very early morning, it still being night hours. I'm in! I'd take a fox pelt over a yote pelt any day of the year! and I'm sure my numbers would increase 10 fold. But that's just me. Regards, Drop

Back