Anybody blasting that rabbit call yet???

Most of the spring/summer, I use vocals and pup sounds. Then, toward Fall, I switch to a mix of distress, and pup sounds and much less vocals.

Has anybody made the transitions and started playing heavy on the distress yet? The pups are just about out in full force. I've killed a few pups in the last couple weeks.

Taking tomorrow off to try and tear em up. I think I will give my Carver hand call a good go as we will be walking a lot and it's lighter than the foxpro. I shot a pup weekend before last so hopefully we can stack up a few.

I've never seen so many pups in my area. It's going to be a good year. We went out Saturday to take care of some pigs for a neighbor ranch and decided to try a stand. 30 seconds on the jack rabbit death tool and we had a pup coming full steam ahead. Killed him at 15yda before he jumped in the keep!
url]

url]

killed my largest coyote ever last night. not rabbit sounds, but he like prairie dog distress. must have sounded exotic to him. killed him at 12,200 feet.

Originally Posted By: 6724killed my largest coyote ever last night. not rabbit sounds, but he like prairie dog distress. must have sounded exotic to him. killed him at 12,200 feet.

4,066 yards is quite a poke.........50 BMG? LOL

Lots of Coyote running around the desert right now.Went out last week for a 4 1/2day trip, killed 33 coyotes. 10 pups 23 adults.Most with standard rabbit calls mixed with some howls.

Originally Posted By: songdog Quote: killed him at 12,200 feet Now THAT is a LONG shot. Probably used a .17 hmr to do it, didn't ya.
tongue_smilie.gif

It's only 4,067 yards!

shot one today, my closest kill ever. 7 yards with a rifle. but this one was about 7500 feet.
another [beeep] pup with short hair and no color.

Originally Posted By: UtahcallerLots of Coyote running around the desert right now.Went out last week for a 4 1/2day trip, killed 33 coyotes. 10 pups 23 adults.Most with standard rabbit calls mixed with some howls.
That's a lot of coyotes did you call during the night to?

Post up some pictures share your good hunting story's everyone likes to see different terrain etc..
don't tell me out of you 3 guys no one has a smart phone with out a camera...

Sorry can't figure out why these pictures aren't posting. Having my 24 year old son helping me figure it out.lol

Last try.....

Last edited:
Chad, I'm on mobile right now but I'll post them for you when I get to a computer in an hour or two.

- DAA

Back