my car is possessed

Tnslim

Yesterday morning I go outside on the carport and notice my driver's side window is down on my car. No big deal as I figured I had forgot to raise the window the night before. Car was locked so unlock, get in and hit the switch to raise the window and relocked. Never thought anymore about it. This afternoon I go out onto the carport and the passenger side window is down, car was locked. Unlocked, got in rather confused, and raised the window and headed out to grab a burger. Called older sister telling her the story and she says my car is possessed, (kidding) and we have a laugh and figure there is an electrical problem with car. Got the burger and on the way home I'm listening to my favorite classic rock station and they start playing Pink Floyd's Money, one of my favorites. Then I notice there are two different songs playing at the same time, both about money, and I'm thinking it's time to bail as I remember my sister's telling me the car is possessed. Trust me, you couldn't have drove a ten penny nail in my butt with a sledgehammer. Then the radio station comes on with some game they have where you can win a $1000 cash. The car goes to the dealer next week.

Oh no, you can run but you can't hide if your car is really possessed, people think they can move away from possessed houses but the frigging things follow you to the next one.

You take it to the dealer and that thing will be waiting in the new car you just got, window down, radio playing "you can't always get what you want".
lol.gif

Hearing two songs about money you should have entered the 1000 dollar contest, maybe it was trying to tell you something.

The family had a few really strange things happen after my nephew died. He had quite a sense of humor and had always been a prankster. He would make things happen that were meant for specific people that only they knew what it was about. I was joking that he could make some money appear for me if he was capable of these things, and a quarter roll appeared on my nightstand that we noticed a week or so later, they were from a year that was worth quite a bit more than normal quarters. We have no explanation for where that roll of quarters came from, my wife is not a jokester in that sense.

Christine
When a gawky teen (Keith Gordon) restores a 1958 Plymouth Fury, the car takes on a life of its own and begins terrorizing those in its way.
Release DateDecember 9, 1983

Last edited:
I'm thinking the master switch on the drivers side door may have a problem. It hasn't done this since though and I'm not tearing it apart till it does.

Originally Posted By: vahunterI had a Jeep one time that would start up by itself, no key or anything. Got rid if it fast.

It would have been simpler to pull the fuse on the remote starter.

Originally Posted By: NdIndyOriginally Posted By: vahunterI had a Jeep one time that would start up by itself, no key or anything. Got rid if it fast.

It would have been simpler to pull the fuse on the remote starter.

It was an older jeep, no remote start back then.

Original owner?

Not to be intentionally harsh but every time I hear an identical story it's always a used vehicle and all they got was keys, no fobs, when they bought it. Everyone says theres no alarm or anything on it but with a little prompting they always find a mystery black box under the dash. For a while there I was talking people through it once or twice a month.

I installed my first remote start... 25 years ago? Give or take a week. It cost me $70 or so, costs about the same now. And it was old tech then. They have gotten a lot easier to install as long as the car is newish. Even old cars all you need is a multimeter and a willingness to make your back and neck hurt for a week. Auto, manual, it doesn't matter. You can pretty easily bypass any "don't run yourself over" safeties they build in.

The old starters were really prone to picking up stray radio waves and activating. "Every time I open my garage door my car starts (neighbors garage door etc)" kind of thing. New but cheap ones are no better. Shinier plastic housing the same old tech
smile.gif

Back