My Silencerco Omega stamp finally came!!

Originally Posted By: reddog964You should be a Happy Man... Congrats

Thanks guys I've only been able to shoot it a few times tonight due to having things to do around the house plan on shooting it more tomorrow how much can a guy close off the gas block when shooting suppressed this is my first suppressor

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bryan..how much can a guy close off the gas block when shooting suppressed...
Just slowly close it off until it won't pick up a round from the mag, then back-out a little.
You may want to clean the BCG each time until you get to the sweet spot.
Use the loads you normally hunt with, not a cheap fmj.

Originally Posted By: Bob_AtlOriginally Posted By: bryan..how much can a guy close off the gas block when shooting suppressed...
Just slowly close it off until it won't pick up a round from the mag, then back-out a little.
You may want to clean the BCG each time until you get to the sweet spot.
Use the loads you normally hunt with, not a cheap fmj.

I have had adjustable gas blocks for a while now and know how to set them up just didn't know if you can just about close them when shooting suppressed because of the back pressure or not. With out the suppressor it puts brass at 3 now the couple of shots suppressed it was about 1.
Thanks for the replies

I had a chance over the weekend to fire about 60 rounds through the suppressor boy I can see why these things are so addicting. I have a Rimfire can pending right now and I'm already thinking about which one I want next.

Originally Posted By: bryan hI had a chance over the weekend to fire about 60 rounds through the suppressor boy I can see why these things are so addicting. I have a Rimfire can pending right now and I'm already thinking about which one I want next.

if you think the centerfire was spectactular, wait until you get behind the trigger on your rimfire one. if you want to talk about giggle factor quiet... a 22lr firing subs through a can is hard to beat.

as a FYI - if you have a 22lr pistol, many "1260" fps bulk 22lr will stay subsonic if you have a 4" barrel on there. IIRC the magic length is actually closer to 4.25" but i just had mine cut to 4" when it went in for threading, and its a treat.

every once in a while when firing bulk '1260' i get the occasional supersonic crack, but it makes for good cheap plinking fun and still well in the hearing safe realm.

they are a bit louder than subs are, but still plenty quiet enough for critter control inside a closed environment - its my go to 'mouse spray' when we clean out deer blinds every fall
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: bryan hAfter a loooooooong wait I got the call.
I couldn't be happier!

[img:center]http://[/img]

Sweet. When did you make your purchase/submit your forms?

I've been waiting on stamp #2 since May.

Originally Posted By: btvOriginally Posted By: bryan hAfter a loooooooong wait I got the call.
I couldn't be happier!

[img:center]http://[/img]

Sweet. When did you make your purchase/submit your forms?

I've been waiting on stamp #2 since May.

They cashed the check 2/22/16
Approved it on 9/9/16
Got the stamp on 9/23/16

Back