6mm DTI

Tim B

Been thinking about another upper, first thought was 6.8 or 6.5, but ran across some older post on here about the 6 DTI, just looking for another coyote/range upper

i know you have to load your own which i already do for 223
so you guys still liking them?

The 6dti, 6x6.8, 6woa all run neck to neck in speeds and any of them are perfect for coyote, deer, antelope.
You really can't go wrong with any of those.
I have built 2 6x6.8s on the AR15 frame, sold them and now have 2 6x6.8s on Savage actions. That cartridge is more than perfect for p-dogs to deer!

I went with the 6X6.8 because everyone says they are so close and no fire forming. Have not been able to shoot it yet but can't wait to see what it will do.

Originally Posted By: 5spdThe 6dti, 6x6.8, 6woa all run neck to neck in speeds and any of them are perfect for coyote, deer, antelope.
You really can't go wrong with any of those.

+1 ^^^ i love my 6 DTI

Good deal, from what I've read even when fire forming it's still accurate enough for hunting, course then I see the 25 dti, but I'm really leaning towards the 6

Originally Posted By: Tim BGood deal, from what I've read even when fire forming it's still accurate enough for hunting, course then I see the 25 dti, but I'm really leaning towards the 6

Yep accurate enough when fire forming but then there is the straight 25X6.8 too if you want a quarter bore that is done when it's formed.

The good thing on the straight neck down 6.8's is that the one die can size everything from 6.8 to 20 with just a bushing change since the shoulders are not touched.

One sizer and six bushings to load six chamberings, what's not to like?

Greg

I got my 6 DTI towards the end of my coyote season and I killed 3 with it. I got very high hopes for it this upcoming year. I shot 2 at 300 yds and 280 yds, both dropped dead. Amazing round and Mike, with Dedicated Technologies, does a very great job on detail. I'm trying to decide on another caliber for him to build me. Funny story, I got my 6 DTI and my hunting partner seen what the rifle could do. He had a 243 AR on order, called and cancelled it. Called Mike and had a 6 DTI ordered next day! You won't be disappointed.

Well i spoke with him this am and put my order in, first wildcat round for me, dies should be here in a few days.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Tim BWell i spoke with him this am and put my order in, first wildcat round for me, dies should be here in a few days.

The first range report will be a good one I'm sure. Keep us posted as it develops.

Greg

What are the specs? If it were me....22", fluted, medium contour. Threaded with protector, no comp. Norells coated.

Just to make you feel better with your decision, I took my 6 DTI out tonight to confirm I'm ready for coyote season.

Here was my 300 yd group with 1.25 MOA elevation adjustment. Cold bore shot was included.

Here is my 400 yd group with 3.50 MOA elevation adjustment.

And here is my rifle. I am jaw dropped on the accuracy of this rifle.

thats a great looking rifle and some mighty fine groups,

plan to share this lower until i put another one together.

ar%20woa.jpg

Last edited:
Back