Wilderness Coyotes Different?

E A Poe

I posted this question in the trapping forum and didn't get a response,perhaps predator bio is the better place to ask.Trapping coyotes in Michigan,I find those in the Upper Peninsula much harder to trap than those in the southern farm country.I don't know if they have a much larger home range,simply wont tolerate any human scent or what.Anyone have opinions?

Originally Posted By: E A PoeI posted this question in the trapping forum and didn't get a response,perhaps predator bio is the better place to ask.Trapping coyotes in Michigan,I find those in the Upper Peninsula much harder to trap than those in the southern farm country.I don't know if they have a much larger home range,simply wont tolerate any human scent or what.Anyone have opinions?

Personally I would not get too hung up on the word wilderness. Because some large cities have coyotes residing within them. Your post does leave out info as to what you are inquiring about. Such as what have you experienced so far, good, bad, indifferent? What has happened or not happened on your trap line. One season I knew where a large golden coyote would be seen. I made 2 dirt hole sets. One set caught a coyote & it pulled out of my trap. So I made a 2 gang set nearby the following days. Coyote dug under & flipped both traps over. Then left a scat pile on my efforts. haha!

Back