Remington R-15 VTR In .204

woodguru

I put an offer for an AR in .204 or .243 for trade for my Steyr .222 and a guy asked me if I'm interested in a brand new R-14 VTR with the 22 inch barrel in .204. Looking it up there are magazines that have done reviews on them, but none on GB are for sale. Also there are no discussions or comments archived on them. I'm thinking they must be harder to find?

I'm thinking I'd like this, the reviews done on them indicated that they are accurate.

Don't think I've ever seen an R-15 in 204.

Just did a quick search. They're out there for sure. I'm just behind the times.

Last edited:
I just built an AR with a 22" barrel. Just finished break in, need to fine tune zero after a good cleaning but it's a sweet setup in this platform

I had one and loved it shot under half inch with the 40 Berger and put a lot of coyotes down with it. Let a buddy talk me out of it and never should of let it go. You won't regret getting it.

I have a Rem R-15 with an 18" barrel, and it shoots as well as my Rock River with a 16" barrel, but not as good as the RR Predator Pursuit 20". I really like using the R-15 and it is my go to gun for most hunting applications.

Last edited:
you'll probably be pretty happy with it. generally speaking from handling them, the fit and finish on the r15 seems pretty nice to me and... well .. its a 204 ruger. at 22" you shouldnt have much velocity loss. just have to find out which pill that barrel likes best and shoot the daylights out of it
smile.gif

I have 2 AR's I've built in 204 plus the factory AR 204...I can't say 0ne shoots better than the other because they all shoot GREAT! Just had to play around to see what each rifle likes best. I don't think you'd be disappointed at all if you can find one.

Back