What are you run on your 6X6.8

bryan h

I will be receiving my new 6X6.8 barrel this week and was wondering what magnification you guys are running on your 6X6.8. I have been looking at Leupold Mark AR 6x18

I'm running the Mark AR Mod I 3x9-40 Mil dot, I had leupold cut some turrets for me with the zero stop and I will just say how happy i am with the results. took it out on steel from 300 yds to 700 yds and it smacks the plates pretty dang hard and fast, even with my bad eye's i had no problem seeing things ...

The glass is pretty dang good... JMO but for a coyote rifle the 3x9 should be plenty, I think the 6x18 is way over kill unless you plan on shootin varmints with it...

I will be using it to hunt coyote and possibly sometime prairie dogs. I just didn't know if the 18 power would be over kill.

Originally Posted By: reddog964I'm running the Mark AR Mod I 3x9-40 Mil dot, I had leupold cut some turrets for me with the zero stop and I will just say how happy i am with the results. took it out on steel from 300 yds to 700 yds and it smacks the plates pretty dang hard and fast, even with my bad eye's i had no problem seeing things ...

The glass is pretty dang good... JMO but for a coyote rifle the 3x9 should be plenty, I think the 6x18 is way over kill unless you plan on shootin varmints with it...

I always have them make me the ballistic turret and have been very happy with them also.

Originally Posted By: bryan h...was wondering what magnification you guys are running on your 6X6.8...
Running this new Tract 2.5-10x42 on my 6x6.8 & really like it so far. Strelok Pro app makes the BDC easy for holdover.
Tract 2.5-10X scope

4-16 vortex viper hst but want to upgrade to something like a nightforce shv 5-20'or Burris xtr ii 5-25. Use mine for target shooting prairie dogs and calling.

Not exactly a 6x6.8, but on my 6mm WOA I have a 6-24x Vortex Viper HST. Mine is set up for long range small targets, like P-dogs.

Squeeze

If you are going to shoot at P Dogs, get the _X18, you can always turn it down. If just for yotes I use a 1X4 that Bushnell makes for the AR. On my 6mm WOA, I was thinking to make a move to the 1.5X4 Leupold for Across the Course XTC.

I was hoping this would make it easier to make a decision and everyone would have used close to the samething. Lol but it not that easy.

Originally Posted By: bryan hI was hoping this would make it easier to make a decision and everyone would have used close to the samething. Lol but it not that easy.

Now that's funny right there. (VBG) I'll muddy the waters a bit. I run a 3X9 on one I have set up to try in 3GUn for grins and the big one with a 6.5X20 Vortex for longer range work at 500 or so.

Greg

Originally Posted By: bryan hI was hoping this would make it easier to make a decision and everyone would have used close to the samething. Lol but it not that easy.

Yeah good luck lol. These questions are always answered with as many different options as there are responses. The pattern I've noticed is that magnification is a little higher out in the open west and people go smaller back east. I like something in the 4-16 range personally for calling.

Back