New Bighorn TL3 Beanland Baby

Buster Hindend

Just rolled in today, the new Bighorn TL3.
This one is kinda cool, Aaron from BH called and asked if I wanted a "1 of 1" action, so of course I said yes. He engraved 1 of 1 and my name on the action. Pretty cool

Anyway shipped parts off to my main man Jon and let him work his magic

This new action is insane, love the control round feed and mechanical ejector. Zeroed it today and used the Magneto and plan on taking it out to distance tomorrow
6.5 x 47 Lapua
20" Bartlien RVC 8tw
Manners TA Elite shell
Bighorn TL3
Surgeon DBM
Huber trigger
Bighorn 20 MOA base
Seekins low rings
NF 2.5-10 x 42 MOAR
Olive drab with black accents
SAS Barricade

Very nice rifle and extremely cool engraving. Must be like a tatoo. Still hasn't took the bandage off the last name yet.
tt2.gif

Originally Posted By: coleridgeVery nice rifle and extremely cool engraving. Must be like a tatoo. Still hasn't took the bandage off the last name yet.
tt2.gif

Yeah something like that

Maybe I"ll burn it off tomorrow, gonna stretch it's legs a bit me thinks

Originally Posted By: reddog964Hey... I've seen that before
wink.gif
wink.gif

Very Outstanding as usual...

Remember V I D E O

Gotcha, Kevin

Must remember video for Kevin, video for Kevin
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: Robinhood21Very cool! Love the "personal touch"! Those bighorns are slick! Congrats on another sweet build!

How many 6.5 L's is that now?
thumbup.gif

Thanks, I have three 6.5 L and three 6L

Guys, from my one day experience, these new actions are legit.
Very nice and functional features. I'm really excited about them

That's just about the perfect hunting rig, hands down for anything from mule deer on down.

Jon builds some phenomenal pea shooters, and is a great guy to-boot. He is only about 2:45 drive from me and I love hanging out at the shop. I hvae picked up lots of tid bits of information by just hanging out and watching him work.

Last edited:
They made some pretty major changes to the ejection port (top side) from the prototype to the finished product.

Edit to add: That is not my way of saying I don't like it. It is one bad MAMA JAMA. It's just an observation.

Last edited:
As per the norm, Brad, this is a wonderfully built rifle. The 1 of 1 is a wonderful touch. And I really dig the 2-tone metal coatings.

And in one of my favorite chamberings, too.

I need to get to work on ordering stuff for the 243 we've discussed.

Originally Posted By: CZ527They made some pretty major changes to the ejection port (top side) from the prototype to the finished product.

Edit to add: That is not my way of saying I don't like it. It is one bad MAMA JAMA. It's just an observation.

This is correct
I know this because I received my second tl3 this week and should have another one arrive any day as well

Back