Vortex prism red dot sight

wklman

Anybody use one of these? Are they any good? I'm looking to get a red dot for my ar and see midway will have these on sale for $180.00 next Tuesday. Thanks ahead for any info.

Last edited:
Looks like a good price & I like the reticle & strelok pro already has it..
That's really not a red dot and it won't co-witness like other red dots.
It has a focus so its really more like a 1X scope.
All this from their www & manual pdf.
Some reviewers listed the focus as a bonus.
My question is how long will the battery last...

I've been thinking about putting one of these on my Sig MCX pistol w/11in barrel that I'm going to SBR but I can't decide between the 3x Spitfire ($249) or ($179) 1x Strikefire II.

I'm leaning a little more toward the Spitfire but I've never owned either so I'm not exactly sure which to go with. Thoughts????

Bought the spitfire 1x for $179.99 with free shipping and midway had another promotion that took off $15 for spending over $150 so all in all I got it for 164.99 all together. I'll let you guys know how I like it on my ar.

I have had one since they first came out and I paid about $250.00 for it. first, off I have really bad astigmatism and could not find a red dot that worked for me. tried a lot of them from Tru Glo to Aimpoint and none worked for me. but after looking through the Spitfire I was sold. it is a prism optic so yeah no co-witness but the dot and circles are exactly that a dot and circles. from what I have heard they don't work with a magnifier either. the glass is very good for being built in China and its built like a tank and fairly heavy too. battery life is around 1000 hours supposedly but I don't have that many hours on mine yet. mine is mounted on a 22lr pistol build so no hard recoil or anything. but I really like it and have no plans to get rid of it.

mH0Ll2x.jpg

I1Vqthh.jpg

zwZgF2R.jpg

Last edited:
Back