Open Trigger Assembly

DEFCON

What is the Open Trigger Assembly?
How does it compare to Timney trigger?
THanks DEF

Anderson Complete Assembled Lower with Open Trigger Assembly, Magpul Grip, Magpul PRS Buttstock

Anderson Complete Assembled Lower AR-15, with Magpul PRS Butt Stock and Timney Trigger

Open trigger vs. Closed in Anderson lowers doesn't have anything to do with the trigger itself. "Closed" means it has an integrated trigger guard forged in with the lower, whereas a standard AR-15 lower has an "open" trigger guard, requiring a pin-in-place trigger guard.

So you could put a Timney trigger, or a better trigger, into either an open or closed Anderson lower.

Note in the pics below, only difference is the trigger guard, one is closed, one is open.

Here's a "closed" Anderson lower:

F1ANSLNTG.jpg

Here's an "open" Anderson lower:

3494041_01_anderson_mfg_stripped_open_tri_640.jpg

I've owned, built, or fired hundreds of AR's. I've never thought the trigger guard was so important of a difference to ever care about so much. Open or closed - who cares? Done a lot of shooting AR's with gloves, never ever needed to open my guard, so once I pin it in and snap it in place, it might as well be closed. Never broken a pinned guard, so I can't say any strength increase would be an advantage.

Mostly seems like a marketing gimmick - answer to a question nobody asked.

my pistol is built on an anderson "closed" lower with the intergrated trigger guard.

it made for a nice easy build, since you dont have to mess with the trigger guard or need any tools to install one without risking the 'ears' that hold the finger guard roll pins.

plus its less roll pins to screw with
smile.gif

its open enough that i can handle it with my hunting gloves on and still get inside the trigger guard comfortably.

Quote: Never broken a pinned guard, so I can't say any strength increase would be an advantage.

^^^^+1 Trigger guard pins easy to install w/simple jig:

Drive a .113" nail into scrap of plywood 1" from edge, then cut off to protrude 15/32". Place trigger guard/& lower over pin to align holes and support lower on plywood while driving in pin.

Regards,
hm

Back