6mm creedmoor light bullets

Anyone shooting lighter bullets in their 6mm creedmoor? I bought 1000 Sierra 85 grain bthp and no longer have a 243 and want to shoot them or at least see what they will do. A starting point without damage would be great. I have looked around the net but haven't found much info except for 105 grains. Just something I want to tinker with. Thank you.

Last edited:
I do 46gr of Re17 in mine with 80gr Bergers u can take that for what it's worth. Just back that off and build back up and c where your at.

The capacity of the 6 Creedmoor is pretty close to the 243 Win in most cases. I would just use 243 Win data and be attentive to pressure signs.

That being said, IMR 4064 is a long time favorite for me in a 243 Win...along side Win 760/H414.

I am using 243 data being very careful increasing the loads like pahntr760 suggested. I started working up a 105 VLD load with my new 6 creedmoor and decided just for fun to try some 70 blitz kings. I am still working on the load but just running through from start load working to max it has not shot over 3/4" using H4895 yet...looks pretty promising for if I decide to run it on coyotes.

Last edited:
Back