Family Reunion

DoubleCK

One of the things we really enjoy about being the wandering drifters that we are is to visit and spend time with family and good friends in far away places. Yesterday we struck it rich and thoroughly enjoyed both.

We wanted to spend time in Idaho last year, but the fires up here kept us from it. This year we blocked out the month of September for Idaho and we are sure loving this Rugged Stretch of Country.

One of the items on the list was to get together with, and spend time with a guy I made friends with here several years ago; Charlie/Repete. Karen, Tucker and I drove down the Clearwater at Charlie's invitation where we met Charlie, Tucker's Dasher Cur Sister Sally and Charlie's sweet ole GSP Sophie.

We spent the afternoon telling stories at "Charlie's Hideaway" overlooking the Beautiful Clearwater River. Toward evening Charlie cooked us up a delicious dinner with all the fixins. Then we hit Charlie's Mountain Garden where we harvested a tasty cache of veggies.

Before heading back down the river to our "Wolf Camp" Charlie and I made plans to slip into his Grouse Camp for a little Fur and Feather Expedition. Heading out first thing in the morning. Can't wait!
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: DoubleCK

The older/fatter one (much like her owner) is my Sally dog....
I sure enjoyed the visit and meeting Craig and his lovely wife....

We finally got out for some Wolf calling today.....no luck but we don't give up that easily.....
Stay tuned.....

We went out again a couple of days ago.....no luck but we did call in a feisty Coyote....he seemed to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder but we gave him a pass anyway...

Forgot to mention it in my last post but Craig did manage to get his first Ruff Grouse with his granddad's old 16ga M37 on that outing....good stuff.....

We're headed out again sometime this week.....stay tuned....

Last edited:
Charlie took Tucker and I into a few of his Honey Holes this morning. Tucker and this grouchy male showed us some great dog work! Should be posting more, but.... well you know how it goes sometimes. I screwed up and killed the courage out of that pack first instead of last.

Thanks Al. Sure was a treat to meet Charlie (& crew) and spend some time in this beautiful part of our country. Hope to do the same with others here along the trail.

Breaking camp this morning and heading for Wyoming.

Back