Court: No right to carry concealed weapons in public

Ky Col

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/court-n...ocid=spartanntp

https://www.yahoo.com/news/court-no-carry-concealed-weapons-public-175139817.html?nhp=1

If the 9th Court can overturn it's own ruling then the Supreme Court sure as heck can.

Hillary says the SCOTUS got it WRONG

They WANT it to go back to the Supreme Court. Remember we won by just one single vote. They can easy overturn Heller. But in 2008 and again in 2012 nobody cared.

Think about this.

Heller won by one single vote.

The 9th ruling will go to the Supreme Court. If the SC rules on it and it's a TIE, 4-4 then the 9th ruling STANDS and is the law until someone files a suit and when the suit works it's way to the Supreme Court it can be voted on again.

Picture 4 NEW Justices Hillary puts in in the coming years, now guess which way the Court rules.

Of course everything is all roses and nothing to worry about, don't ever bother to VOTE, just stay home and send another message.

Another thing. If the Supreme Court decides NOT to take it then they will LET THE RULING STAND.

Gun rights people are going to get screwed this coming election. The GOP controlled Senate (Mitch McConnell) refused to even talk to Obama's nominee for the Supreme Court let alone confirm his nomination. So forget the SCOTUS having a new justice during Obama's last term. This may hurt the GOP in the coming elections but evidently McConnell doesn't care as he just won his re-election to the Senate for another long 6 years. So the Supreme Court will remain at 8 justices which are divided evenly between conservatives and liberals.

So this case in California and the Ninth Appellate Court will stand as the law of the land unless the case is accepted by the SCOTUS and a miracle vote happens to over turn the appellate courts ruling.

And as you said if Hillary Wins the Presidency we can say goodby to the 2nd amendment as we know it today. Hillary is anti gun.

I'm torn right now. I really don't think a women should be our leader. For many various reasons. We need a MAN as the leader of this country.

But on the other hand I can't stand Donald Trump. He is arrogant and ignorant at the same time. He's too thin skinned and would get up into a shooting war with anyone that he thinks has disked on him. He scares the heck out of me. He is nothing but a big bully baby.

Hillary on the other hand wears pant suits all the time and has a horrible figure and is sarcastic to the nth degree. I just never did like her very much personally. She has more experience than Trump by far and is a fighter but I just don't like her. She is not personable.

But we only have Hillary or Trump right now. Maybe the GOP will select someone else in a miracle of some type and we will have someone else to vote for.

But my guess is that this world is a changing. Looks like those out West will not get their gun permits in areas with sheriffs that won't issue their permits. And it's very unlikely that the SCOTUS won't split on this issue 4/4 and the law of the land in the West will be changed.

We need to push back on this 2nd amendment issue and push back hard if we want to keep the right to bear arms that our founding father's gave to all of us. These laws should be declared unconstitutional on the grounds that they are changing the constitution illegally. The Constitution states exactly how the constitution can be amended. And this reinterpretation of the law is not the proper way to change the US Constitution.

Originally Posted By: Coyotehunter_Gun rights people are going to get screwed this coming election. The GOP controlled Senate (Mitch McConnell) refused to even talk to Obama's nominee for the Supreme Court let alone confirm his nomination. So forget the SCOTUS having a new justice during Obama's last term. This may hurt the GOP in the coming elections but evidently McConnell doesn't care as he just won his re-election to the Senate for another long 6 years. So the Supreme Court will remain at 8 justices which are divided evenly between conservatives and liberals.

So this case in California and the Ninth Appellate Court will stand as the law of the land unless the case is accepted by the SCOTUS and a miracle vote happens to over turn the appellate courts ruling.

And as you said if Hillary Wins the Presidency we can say goodby to the 2nd amendment as we know it today. Hillary is anti gun.

I'm torn right now. I really don't think a women should be our leader. For many various reasons. We need a MAN as the leader of this country.

But on the other hand I can't stand Donald Trump. He is arrogant and ignorant at the same time. He's too thin skinned and would get up into a shooting war with anyone that he thinks has disked on him. He scares the heck out of me. He is nothing but a big bully baby.

Hillary on the other hand wears pant suits all the time and has a horrible figure and is sarcastic to the nth degree. I just never did like her very much personally. She has more experience than Trump by far and is a fighter but I just don't like her. She is not personable.

But we only have Hillary or Trump right now. Maybe the GOP will select someone else in a miracle of some type and we will have someone else to vote for.

But my guess is that this world is a changing. Looks like those out West will not get their gun permits in areas with sheriffs that won't issue their permits. And it's very unlikely that the SCOTUS won't split on this issue 4/4 and the law of the land in the West will be changed.

We need to push back on this 2nd amendment issue and push back hard if we want to keep the right to bear arms that our founding father's gave to all of us. These laws should be declared unconstitutional on the grounds that they are changing the constitution illegally. The Constitution states exactly how the constitution can be amended. And this reinterpretation of the law is not the proper way to change the US Constitution.

+1 Agree with you 100% yotehunter

Coyote Hunter

I agree with you 100+%...but the truth of the matter is gun owners as a whole do nothing but complain about "new gun laws" and restrictions and do nothing about it.
There are more than enough gun owners in this country that could have stopped most of the current laws from ever being implemented in the first place IF THEY HAD ONLY STOOD UP FOR THEIR RIGHTS. As much as I don't care that much for Trump he will get my voted simply because of his "current" position of gun ownership.
If Hillary gets elected our right to own guns is going out the window.
My point being...yes we need to stand up but if we would have stood up in the first place we wouldn't be where we are today!!
Here in NY we have some of the toughest gun laws. Gun owners far out number anti-gunners but when gun owners had a chance to oust the current governor that imposed those laws they didn't go out & vote
My new slogan is if you don't vote then don't [beeep]. Unfortunately we all have to suffer for those that don't vote.
VOTE TRUMP!

if hillary wins, there is no doubt. she will nominate & appoint left wing ideologues to the USSC and every federal court possible. this alone will reshape our nation. then there is what she will likely do on foriegn policy, immigration -she's campaigning on doing more to make illegals legal than obama has, border security, jihadists, yadda yadda yadda. As I see it there is zero chance that she will do anything that I'd agree with.

if trump wins, there is at least a non-zero chance that he will pick people who would make decisions to uphold the USSC & BOR. I see zero chance that he would be able to flip on border control & immigration to be anywhere close to what hillary will set out to do.

There is at least some chance, and some beats zero, that he will do some things that I'd agree with.

we currently have a USSC with justices who have a track record on some rather important gun cases. the 4 lefties voted against the 2nd. the other 4 voted for it.

if you want hillary picking the deciding vote for the next case, then help her become president, as that's what she's promising to do. she was on an open stage during the early debates & quite joyfully named groups of americans as her enemies. the NRA & by extension all americans who value their 2nd amendment rights & don't support her gun bans, registration requirements, magazine bans, bans on carrying, heavy taxation on guns & ammo & on & on & on have been, quite joyfully, declared to be her ENEMIES.

so yeah, let her pick the people who will decide the cases that will shape the future of this country.

what could possibly go wrong?

I think I'll round up all my guns and ammo and targets and head out to the shooting range and take out my frustrations on some targets at the range.

I'm lucky I live in Indiana and the county Sheriff tells everyone who will listen to buy a gun and arm themselves legally. He knows that it will make his job easier if we can take care of ourselves and our family. Their response time is limited and he and his deputies can't be everywhere at once.

I feel sorry for the people that live in CA and NY and other States where they can't get guns as easily as we can here in IN.

To me any fool that can read should see the meaning of the 2nd amendment as it's written in clear and plain English. And if you study the history of the USA and how we were formed it's easy to see why our founding fathers included the 2nd amendment in our constitution. Remember it was the British who tried to take away our freedoms and they did so by taking away our guns and our homes at will. Those that forget history will likely see history repeating itself. And we don't want that.

after this weekends jihadi attack, hillary is demanding that we ban & confiscate "assault weapons". according to her you have to give them up for the good of everyone.

Originally Posted By: Coyotehunter_I think I'll round up all my guns and ammo and targets and head out to the shooting range and take out my frustrations on some targets at the range.

I'm lucky I live in Indiana and the county Sheriff tells everyone who will listen to buy a gun and arm themselves legally. He knows that it will make his job easier if we can take care of ourselves and our family. Their response time is limited and he and his deputies can't be everywhere at once.

I feel sorry for the people that live in CA and NY and other States where they can't get guns as easily as we can here in IN.

To me any fool that can read should see the meaning of the 2nd amendment as it's written in clear and plain English. And if you study the history of the USA and how we were formed it's easy to see why our founding fathers included the 2nd amendment in our constitution. Remember it was the British who tried to take away our freedoms and they did so by taking away our guns and our homes at will. Those that forget history will likely see history repeating itself. And we don't want that.

One problem with that.

It was NOT the British who tried to take away our freedoms.

It was OUR ARMY. Yes, we all were British citizens and England's King was OUR King.

Paul Revere's ride which he is suppose to have said. " The British are coming" should have said OUR ARMY is coming. in fact they were coming after the guns and gunpowder stored in warehouses in Lexington and Concord. So they WERE coming after our guns.

Actually it was the British Army Regulars in Red Coats that were heading to Concord when Paul Revere made his famous ride that night. They were marching out of Boston to confiscate guns and capture Patrick Henry and another patriot.

I don't mind being corrected if I'm wrong. But this time I'm right. This was on TV last night which tells the story about this night. I'm talking about the British who were stationed in Boston and marched to Concord to try to capture Patrick Henry and another conspirator and their weapon cache. BTW they failed. There were other riders that night who helped to warn the Patriots about the British Red coats coming.

Now later in history our own army put down the Whiskey Rebellion in order to collect taxes to run the new US Government. And it was George Washington who was President at that time.

Originally Posted By: Ky ColOriginally Posted By: Coyotehunter_I think I'll round up all my guns and ammo and targets and head out to the shooting range and take out my frustrations on some targets at the range.

One problem with that.

It was NOT the British who tried to take away our freedoms.

It was OUR ARMY. Yes, we all were British citizens and England's King was OUR King.

Paul Revere's ride which he is suppose to have said. " The British are coming" should have said OUR ARMY is coming. in fact they were coming after the guns and gunpowder stored in warehouses in Lexington and Concord. So they WERE coming after our guns.

You missed my point.

Like I said, WE were British citizens at the time. So "British Army Regulars in Red Coats" would be OUR Army.

It wasn't until July 4, 1776 that we broke from Great Britain.

Today if "American troops in camo heading toward...." they would also be OUR Army since we are today American citizens.

Too many people today still think we fought a foreign power but we was fighting our own mother country of which we were citizens.

Well technically we were subjects of the British Empire but that was what they were trying to change. They were at war with the King of Britain and his troops in the Americas. I understand what you are saying now. I didn't see what you were trying to say at first.

Originally Posted By: Ky ColYou missed my point.

Like I said, WE were British citizens at the time. So "British Army Regulars in Red Coats" would be OUR Army.

It wasn't until July 4, 1776 that we broke from Great Britain.

Today if "American troops in camo heading toward...." they would also be OUR Army since we are today American citizens.

Too many people today still think we fought a foreign power but we was fighting our own mother country of which we were citizens.

The fact that anyone here is saying anything but vote n vote Trump is crazy. I don't even use the hags name. Last 2 votes of SCOTUS have been guns tie n abortion loss. Trump wasn't my 1st initially but I've come to like him. I've heard his kids speak n they r all shooters n hang with duck dynasty folks.
Immigration issue is tough cuz if we do the math we need all hands on deck. Ultra conservatives I agree with your position but of 535 congressmen there's only 10-15. The rest would sell their mothers to ISIS. Since the never trump types r voting 3rd party they are essentially voting hag. He now needs votes from more independents because of them which requires less hard line. I'm sick of the uber conservative never having their perfect Reagan candidate. Each year I watch as we gave up schools n now our kids are poisoned k-college by liberals who tell my kids their dad the ex green beret was a facist racist n Che was a hero. This mindset has cost us and because of the uber rights inability to use first rule in military. Team work. Liberals are great team players. We suck. I just quit GOP due to it. But I didn't quit fighting. Trump is my man n he will not leave me or my family unarmed. Ex Green Beret DAV out here!

Just a side note. Most people think that Scalia was a 2nd amendment champion and a staunch gop judge. He actually named the guy he would like to see replace him, Frank Easterbrook. Do a search on Scalia's talk on Judge Easterbrook, and then check out Easterbrooks stand on guns, you won't like it. Merrick Garland is a gift compared to Judge Easterbrook.

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishif hillary wins, there is no doubt. she will nominate & appoint left wing ideologues to the USSC and every federal court possible. this alone will reshape our nation. then there is what she will likely do on foriegn policy, immigration -she's campaigning on doing more to make illegals legal than obama has, border security, jihadists, yadda yadda yadda. As I see it there is zero chance that she will do anything that I'd agree with.

if trump wins, there is at least a non-zero chance that he will pick people who would make decisions to uphold the USSC & BOR. I see zero chance that he would be able to flip on border control & immigration to be anywhere close to what hillary will set out to do.

There is at least some chance, and some beats zero, that he will do some things that I'd agree with.

we currently have a USSC with justices who have a track record on some rather important gun cases. the 4 lefties voted against the 2nd. the other 4 voted for it.

if you want hillary picking the deciding vote for the next case, then help her become president, as that's what she's promising to do. she was on an open stage during the early debates & quite joyfully named groups of americans as her enemies. the NRA & by extension all americans who value their 2nd amendment rights & don't support her gun bans, registration requirements, magazine bans, bans on carrying, heavy taxation on guns & ammo & on & on & on have been, quite joyfully, declared to be her ENEMIES.

so yeah, let her pick the people who will decide the cases that will shape the future of this country.

what could possibly go wrong?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Spot on.

Originally Posted By: BarlowJust a side note. Most people think that Scalia was a 2nd amendment champion and a staunch gop judge. He actually named the guy he would like to see replace him, Frank Easterbrook. Do a search on Scalia's talk on Judge Easterbrook, and then check out Easterbrooks stand on guns, you won't like it. Merrick Garland is a gift compared to Judge Easterbrook.

Garland concerns both liberals and conservatives. I just spent a couple of hours reading different articles and methods of grading where a judge stands on the liberal/conservative spectrum. Some articles written by conservatives consider him too liberal, and vis a versa for liberals. The first three articles I read had him solidly pegged as too liberal, but their reasoning had to do with their "facts" that he would not side with the conservative positions in cases where GOP states were guilty of taking unconstitutional over reaches. Yet he has a history of being called inconsistent on issues where he will sometimes seem to contradict himself and vote what seems to be against his position on other cases of the same nature. What he is exhibiting is that he does not bring a personal bias to issues, but the ability to objectively apply reasoning to the differences in cases and how either the law or constitution applies.

This is exactly the balance and integrity that needs to be brought into the court. There's time conservatives will like him and liberals won't, and that is what an unbiased judge would bring to the table. He is actually more progressive center than liberal.

What a lot of people don't seem to get is that a judge needs to be able to set his or her personal beliefs aside in order to weigh exactly how the laws or constitution applies to the case at hand. To protect us against unconstitutional overreach a conservative judge needs to be able to put personal views aside and apply the constitution, an unbiased judge has to be able to make rulings they do not personally agree with if that makes sense. A liberal judge needs to be able to do the same thing, that judge is going to be ranked in the center between liberal and conservative when they maintain that balance.

That said I am agreeing that Garland was somewhat of a gift for conservatives, but no, he would not support the cases where GOP states have been overruled for overreaches and brought further challenges to the Supreme Court in spite of being struck down in state or federal courts for their overreaches. He is a gift for liberals when cases of overreach that shouldn't even have been brought to the court do go there.

I'm not sure that Hillary would name Garland, he may be too centrist. There are "tricks" that can be used to circumvent an obstructionist Congress and Senate, and the GOP may not be nearly as happy with Hillary's choice that she forces through as they would have been with Garland.

As soon as the US Senate goes into recess the President can make a temporary appointment to the US Supreme Court.

I worry about the US Supreme Court Justices not reading the 2nd amendment as it was written and as it was at the time it was written. If they reinterpret the 2nd amendment then I think that is dead wrong.

Thank god my AR15 is not an Assault Weapon and that it's a modern sporting rifle that is semi auto matic and not fully automatic in how it fires. It may look like an M16 assault rifle but it's not. Ignorance should be treated with education.

Originally Posted By: cuernos1The fact that anyone here is saying anything but vote n vote Trump is crazy. I don't even use the hags name. Last 2 votes of SCOTUS have been guns tie n abortion loss. Trump wasn't my 1st initially but I've come to like him. I've heard his kids speak n they r all shooters n hang with duck dynasty folks.
Immigration issue is tough cuz if we do the math we need all hands on deck. Ultra conservatives I agree with your position but of 535 congressmen there's only 10-15. The rest would sell their mothers to ISIS. Since the never trump types r voting 3rd party they are essentially voting hag. He now needs votes from more independents because of them which requires less hard line. I'm sick of the uber conservative never having their perfect Reagan candidate. Each year I watch as we gave up schools n now our kids are poisoned k-college by liberals who tell my kids their dad the ex green beret was a facist racist n Che was a hero. This mindset has cost us and because of the uber rights inability to use first rule in military. Team work. Liberals are great team players. We suck. I just quit GOP due to it. But I didn't quit fighting. Trump is my man n he will not leave me or my family unarmed. Ex Green Beret DAV out here!

Exactly!! She has said she is going to take on the NRA, she doesn't like semi-auto rifles and wants to use executive orders to get rid of the 2nd amendment. If she gets in, stacking the supreme court will change law Enforcement forever and will lead to the eventual repeal of the 2nd amendment.
Find someone who isn't planning to vote and convince them/drag them to the polls. This is the most important election of our lifetime!

Former Marine here

Back