scope rings for ar -15

did these millet rings bolt directly to your picatinny rail? they say they are weaver style. do i need another base to go between the rings and the rail?

I would go with the LaRue Tactical SPR one piece mount. They guarantee a return to zero when removed from the gun and replaced, are machined to perfection, and no need to lap the rings. They are made in both 30mm and 1inch models.
This is the best mount made for the AR in my opinion.
411515.JPG

411518.JPG

Last edited:
Quote:
did these millet rings bolt directly to your picatinny rail? they say they are weaver style. do i need another base to go between the rings and the rail?

If you go on Midway's web page for those rings, click on the stars for customer reviews, it says in there that they ONLY work on picatinny rails, they won't work on Weaver bases, I've never tried them on Weaver bases but they work fine on picatinny rails.

one other option on a 1" tube would be to use weaver see thru dual slant forward mounts.they come in mate or gloss finish and are also about $30.i just wish they made this style mount in 30mm also.but they work great on 1" scopes.

I went with a LaRue SPR-E mount after doing some research and getting several positive recommendations from PM members. And I'm glad I did.
LeupysHome002.jpg

Dtech20004.jpg

It lines the scope up nicely with a good cheek weld on the stock and sets it forward enough to allow for comfortable eye relief.
And definitely worthy of sitting atop a DTECH

The LaRue mount is extremely nice, most people don't need the quick release on their scope, and that's about half of the very expensive price for that mount.

I was looking for something also and was thinking LaRue or Armalite but was waiting until the fun show this weekend. Here's what I found from B-Square for $53 out the door. The part # is 15150 AR15 flat top mount.
ARmount.jpg

Quote:
I was looking for something also and was thinking LaRue or Armalite but was waiting until the fun show this weekend. Here's what I found from B-Square for $53 out the door. The part # is 15150 AR15 flat top mount.
ARmount.jpg

I have one of those on my new AR and it is the perfect height. It may not be fancy or have a upper crust name but it works like the dickins.
January92005044.jpg

Rus

Back