North and South Dakota

MPH

Thinking about flying out to the Dakota's later this month to hunt some coyotes. If anyone is from the area or familiar with the area for coyote hunting, I'd appreciate any suggestions you would be willing to share.

Thanks,

Mike

Last edited:
That is a very large area with a number of airports narrowing it down a little might help. Public land, tons of it, guide on private lands, there are a lot of options.

I'm going to warn you about south of Mandan right now there is a pipeline going through that goes under the Missouri River and the Tribes are protesting it and it could get kind of wild. But there is still lots of areas to hunt. Stop at game fish and get a Plots book it Private land opened to public for walk in hunting. Lots of areas to hunt. Wish I could take you out but I will be working 6-7 days a week at that time. Could talk to the farmers and tell them what your looking to do see if they let you on. Most have let me on. I don't know how they will be to an out of state person there has been some bad hunters from out of state that ruin it for the good guys. Proably the same everywhere. Lots of guys might have cattle in pastures still to, so have to be careful there. Would proably be good time to go though nobody is really out calling now and would think pups would be out.

Last edited:
Nov 4-20 is deer season different units of elk and moose are open now through December. Most of the elk and moose hunting is north and north west. Bow season for deer is open now through the end of the year for deer. Youth gun season is currently open and I believe to the end of the month. Also out of state hunters aren't allowed to hunt plots land for first seven days of pheasant season even if hunting something else. Pheasant season opens October 8.

I was out a few years ago and because of the oil drilling. You better have hotel/motel reservations setup. It caused me a real problem anywhere west of Bismark.

Let you know in about two weeks.
smile.gif

Didn't get chance to call any yotes, but in 1 1/2 days saw 4 yotes on the east side of Little Missouri river in the National Grasslands. Should be real good hunting, good luck!

Stay out of South Dakota, that's mine! haha, there are a lot of dogs there but if you catch them DURING deer season, that's when you see the most. Especially when corn and sunflowers come off, bring 200 rounds. Not joking, I keep shooting till they are past 500 yards on a full-cock sprint!

Back