Poll: Majority Of Americans Believe Guns Increase Safety And Rights Should Be Protected

hm1996

Staff member
Quote:
NRA Publications

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Poll: Majority Of Americans Believe Guns Increase Safety And Rights Should Be Protected

A study by Pew Research Center found a majority of Americans believe it’s more important to protect gun rights than to institute more gun-control laws. Results of the survey show 52 percent of Americans believe it’s more important to protect gun rights, while 46 percent said it’s more important to control gun ownership.

The study also found that how you answered that question largely depended on who you planned to vote for in the upcoming presidential election. Among Donald Trump voters, 90 percent favored protecting gun rights, while only 19 percent of Hillary Clinton supporters felt the same. This nearly 70-point difference between Democratic supporters and Republican supporters on this issue is the largest in more than a decade—in May 2000, the gap was only 19 percent.

A majority of Americans—58 percent—also believed gun ownership protects safety rather than increasing risk, although sharp party divides could be seen here, too.

https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/artic...d-be-protected/

Regards,
hm

My only comment is that I wish that those numbers for gun ownership were higher than just 52%. I'd wish that it was more like 85% of even more that favored gun ownership. But if I got my wish everyone would be seen packing a OWB pistol in the local Walmarts instead of just one guy.

I worry about the next US Supreme Court Justice and how he/she will uphold the true meaning of the 2nd amendment and all the other bill of rights. You see that the 2nd amendment is really the only way to really make sure that all the other bill of rights are adhered too.

Back