Factory ammo using 39 gr Blitzkings?

When the .204 first came out ('04) Remington-Peters produced some factory 39gr SBK ammo that shot excellent, actually quite a bit better than the Hornady 40gr..I haven't bought any factory .204 since '06, so I'm not really sure if it's still around...

I just Googled it and while Midway lists it, it's now listed with a 40gr bullet and it not available,,,Kind of on the 'rare' list...

Last edited:
Yes, Federal has stopped loading rounds with the 39 gr. Sierra Blitzking; what the heck for, I can't say. Unbelievable. This was by far the best-shooting "40" grain factory round out there, because it will stabilze in most if not all the 12-twist barrels that off-the-rack .204 rifles come with. Same thing holds true with handloads with 39 SBKs, too unless one has a custom 1:10 or 11 barrel. I handload but grabbed a dozen boxes of those Federals when they were still out there, which I still run in my three .204s when components are scarce; will shoot no worse than 5/8" in all.
HSM (Hunting Shack) claims they load .204 ammo with 39 Blitzkings. Finding them in stock might be another thing. 406-777-2106

Last edited:
Just looked on their website, no luck either, they carry 35 and 40 grain Berger's, no Sierra's.

It's not looking good

Last edited:
highway robbery.

how many boxes you buying?
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: KyleWoodsI just contacted them, they do sell them.... for $67 + shipping for 50 rounds

Might be a good time to start reloading!!

No wonder I haven't bought any factory since '06...
thumbdown.gif
,,,$67 per 50 would be a great incentive to start reloading and buy in bulk..I still have a few hundred 39gr SBKs and a bunch of brass & primers...My reloading cost is about $0.35 per round...or $17.50 per 50 rounds...Even with the cost of mechanicals (which have been depreciated out on a 5 year basis), that asking price is tantamount to highway robbery...

I planned on working up some loads of 39 gr SBK this winter, just wondered if anyone made factory ammo. I guess the answer is yes...and no. Way too much money

Back