Forearm stud

Tackdriver

Ok so I dug around my stuff and found a machine thread sling stud to go on my smooth tube AR. I'm not going to go into the drilling in this post because there is a great video on YouTube. I decided to do some washers and Loctite a nut on the backside of the tube. These tubes just dont seem to be that thick, even with fine threads.

So I took the stud with me to Ace to get some nuts and washers and I am glad I did. This one turned out to be a M5 thread. Would never have made that call. So just a warning, there are metric sling studs out there and they look pretty close to the American threading system.

It turned out great.

Just got done adding a sling stud to my yhm forearm tonight and noticed this post. I was going to use a regular stud and tap the hole but decided to use one made by Harris with a curved backing plate instead. It turned out just fine but did have to grind the nut down some so it would squeeze down on the forearm. is just tapping the hole all that is needed or do you guys usually put some sort of backer behind the stud?

Back