.350 Rem Mag Loads

10Bears

Anybody have any pet loads. I'll be using it on elk and bear. The 35 cal website only uses RE-15. This doesn't work in my rifle

Oh yeah I forgot to tell you. Mine is a custom built on a Rem 700 long action so bullet style or length is not an issue

I suggest purchasing a reloading manual, the Hornady book lists nine powders for the 350 Mag.

Second if RE-15 doesn't work in your rifle the odds of someone else's load working are no better than pulling one out of a proper manual. And seeing as you don't seem to have a manual how will you even know if it is a safe/sane load?

One thing I have to ask is why build a 350 on a long action? You could have gone with a 35 Whelen (plentiful brass), 35 Brown/Whelen ( plentiful brass-more power) or 358 Norma Mag (factory brass, easy to make from 338 Win and even more power), all designed to fit a long action?

Not being derisive, just curious.

Rusty - Thanks that's perfect. That's what I was looking for, some of the newer powders that aren't published for this caliber.........AWS - I have every manual made. It's an old caliber and none of them publish the newer powders. I wanted a 350 Rem Mag cuz I didn't have one. It's got a short 21 inch heavy barrel and is nice and compact. And with the long action I can shoot any bullet I want. It shoots 1/2 inch groups with the Barnes TSX 225gr. Have you ever shot a 358 Norma Mag?

Yes, owned one for about 10 years in the 1970's and 80's, it was a custom on an 03 action, very accurate. I bought it for a moose hunt that I never drew a tag for, so I killed a bunch of deer with it and loaded 38 Special DEWC over a light load of shotgun powder and slew a even bigger bunch of tree squires for the pot. It would shoot cloverleafs at 50 yards with the DEWC. I owned a gun shop at the time and someone offered me more than I could refuse for it. I replaced it with a Rem 721 rebored to 35 Whelen around 1989, still have it. I'm kind of an old school guy and have never found any bullet that could do more for me in the Whelen or 358N than the old cup and core Horn. 250gr RN, it never performs poorly.

You didn't ask for info on newer powders and said the 350 data you got was off a site, had to assume you don't have a manual. Sorry just working with your limited info.

Last edited:
10 bears,I have been using 60 gr IMR 4320 its a max load and about 103% volume,so use a drop tube to fill cases. this is with noslers 225 gr partitions.I shoot these out of a rem 600.with a 18 1/2 inch barrel.these shot at 2636 fps very accurate under .75 at 100 yds.this is a great elk killer

Back