BHW barrel profile- Light vs Slim?

DiRTY DOG

18 or 20" 6x45 BHW barrel for a walking predator hunting AR15. I hike a lot, many places I hunt are walk in only. Trying to decide between Light or Slim profile. I'm big and tall so I don't need ultralight but I'd like to keep it light for obvious reasons. Thoughts?

Also the barrel profile options listed at Ritch's Precision Guns are different than at BHW. He lists LTC, LTM, M4, And BULL. What do those mean?

On an 18" 223, I don't have 6X45 weights. The slim goes 2.10 lbs. The light is 2.40

Light Carbine gas, Light Mid Gas, M4 stanrd military profile Bull is 1.00 under the forearm and is 0.936 at the block . NM (National Match) is 1" under the guard and 750 gas block forward. Semi-bull is 1" and an 875 block forward

Greg

I would just give him a call he will answer all your questions and is a great guy to talk to just ordered a 6x6.8 a couple of weeks ago from him and he probably saved me a little bit over a hundred dollars. This will be my first BHW barrel so I had alot of questions also and he was very helpful and great at answering any questions I had.

Last edited:
I've been considering purchasing an 18" 6x45 or 223 soon myself. I'll go Lite mid length if I do.

What bullets you looking to run in the 6x45?

My BHW 18" 6x45 with threaded barrel is 2.35lbs. I can get a weight on complete rifle without scope to give you an ideal of finished weight.

55 Nosler Varmageddon for plinking, either tipped or HP. I live in CA so Nosler 55 NBT lead free for predators, or Barnes 62 Varmint Grenades as a backup. And Barnes 80 ttsx for deer.

I'm hoping 8208xbr shoots well, or H335.

6.8 lbs as pictured.
20160830_220212_zpsd3hnpfx0.jpg

Originally Posted By: DiRTY DOG55 Nosler Varmageddon for plinking, either tipped or HP. I live in CA so Nosler 55 NBT lead free for predators, or Barnes 62 Varmint Grenades as a backup. And Barnes 80 ttsx for deer.

I'm hoping 8208xbr shoots well, or H335.

Try AA2015, it shot the best of anything in both my 6x45's and metered extremely well. 1/4-1/2" groups were the norm, I got about 2750 fps out of a 1-10 twist 16" barrel with 70 grain Sierra and Nosler's.

Back