Nosler Varmageddon bullet?

getfoxy

I have 500 40g Nosler varmageddon bullets. This isn't a bullet I planned to load but since they came with the purchase and since there are 500 of them I thought why not.

Is anyone loading these and more specifically...loading them in a 221? I'm assuming with a name like Varmageddon it's pretty rapid expansion/nasty blows ups, splash, etc?

Is Accuracy generally pretty good as well?

All input is appreciated

Can't help you with results on animals on that size pill. But I picked up a couple 1000 in the 55gr for the 223 and the accuracy is pretty good. Just had to fine tune the load a little. I am getting just under 3/4in groups out of my 20in RRA predator pursuit.

I can't help much with that particular bullet. But I have had great accuracy with the 55 and 62gr.Varmageddons in 223. From what I've seen on woodchucks,I wouldn't use them on fox,but I think they would be fine for coyotes.

I have come up with a load for my 223 with that bullet to imitate a 22 hornet. At around 2600 I'm getting no exits on red fox. The only combo I have found to do that for me. Tiny hole in and none out.

My 221 is a model 7 with a 17in barrel.40 grain varmageddon ahead of 19.7 of aa2200 does nasty things to groundhogs at close range, but farther out kills less dramatically.

I started using them in a 223 at night, when I'm unfamiliar with the area and also when I'm fox hunting. I've shot several coyotes with them, but honestly all but one was a headshot. The other was shot IN the shoulder broadside. It went down without any damage.

The fox, believe it or not, turned out fine as long as I shot them through the shoulder blade. Shots behind the shoulder turned out exactly as you'd expect.... Raunchy.

Granted, this was the 55s.

I also shoot the 70 gr version in my 6 WOA, and they are some real go getters....both guns will shoot sub 1/4" groups at 100, and I've shot some 1" groups at 400 with the WOA.

They are a very accurate bullet in my Rem sps SS 223 with a hot load of benchmark and cci 450 primer is the key, 3500 fps...no kidding.

I run the 55s in 6mm & have never had a "splash", all performed perfectly and yet to have an exit on a coyote past 100 yards, under yes depending on angle, but nothing more so than any other 55g 6mm.
They pop p-dogs like a vmax IMO, & deadly accurate.
Your 40g ones ought to do very well.

I've shot the 55 grain 'geddons in 5 different 223 rifles and all have shot them at 1/2" or less. They're cheaply priced, accurate and kill good.

The ones I have are tipped. For those of you that got little pelt damage ......are you moving them pretty quick or are you shooting mild loads? I'd assume they would be better at lower velocity?

My buddy pushes the 55s in 22 cal, pushing them fast in a 22-250 and splashes more than he doesn't but isn't willing to work up another accurate load.

I haven't shot any of these because i shoot their Ballistic tips almost exclusively. It is my understanding that they are similar, in construction to a Vmax.

Back