Contact?

IAyoteHNTR

I've been reading about the strong mysterious radio signal detected from an area that is about 94 light years away from us here on earth after I saw the short story about it on the evening news tonight. Could it be? Would you want it to be? What are the ramifications if it were? Thoughts?

It's rather thought provoking if nothing else.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: SixsixtyMagsI could go into detail about something I saw while in boot camp that makes me believe that we are not the only planet with intelligent life!

Not surprised. Even if you look at the lowest of the low percentages/probabilities and calculations made by leading scientists considering the immense size and scope of the universe, to believe we are the only intelligent beings in the universe is utter nonsense.

I think it's naive to believe we're all alone on this little ol' rock floating in space. But I'm not sure I'd welcome it, as you never know what you get. Kindly and benevolent Qozl or raging alien headhunter?

Originally Posted By: DesertRamI think it's naive to believe we're all alone on this little ol' rock floating in space. But I'm not sure I'd welcome it, as you never know what you get. Kindly and benevolent Qozl or raging alien headhunter?

Well said. Good point.

Color me naive, I find it odd that folks would buy into this but hey I have never given it enough thought to do any real research into foreign life forms. What I have looked into as a guy looking for answers or even validation of conclusions I have previously cone to, is the probability of intellegence life in general within our universe. The lack of odds are one of the reasons I can't buy into atheism. Stretching that even further into saying that we are likely not alone as a species is a leap I cannot make without some serious evidence

Originally Posted By: IAyoteHNTROriginally Posted By: DesertRamI think it's naive to believe we're all alone on this little ol' rock floating in space. But I'm not sure I'd welcome it, as you never know what you get. Kindly and benevolent Qozl or raging alien headhunter?

Well said. Good point.

^^ this.

Doesn't matter. No one alive today will be alive long enough for there to be an answer. It was a 1 time observation. Whatever it was, happened a century ago. If it was an intelligent species that did it, it was capable of doing what we cannot do today, 100 years ago (more or less). Even if we were capable of crafting a response, it would be another century before it reached them. Likely it never would because where the origination is, has moved. Nothing in the universe stays in 1 place.

[beeep] it might have been 1 message that boils down to "I wonder what this button does" and then the world exploded
laugh.gif

Leaving religion out of this, the odds of a more or less infinite availability of stars, with an infinite squared number of planets, and none of them supporting life is infinitely small.

BUT...

One of the things that many alien folks forget is that there are not 1 but 2 things that would have to be met for us to find another population of life. Both time and space must coincide.

People tend to think only of right now, because that's when they are alive. Looking at all probabilities there is the potential that there were other inhabited planets, within reach of us, but so long ago that there is no trace. And there is the potential that there will be the same, but so far in the future that the earth will have no trace of life. Then you'll have 'people' on our moon wondering "Are we alone in the universe?"

Likewise that in the entire universe our planet is the first to have life, and that it could also be the absolute last in the universe that will ever have life.

It's a lot like elk hunting. I know for a fact, that elk HAVE been where I AM. But for the life of me, I can't find them at all when I'm there
laugh.gif
Time and space, both have to be 'there' at the same 'time'.

When you're thinking of infinite possibilities, all possibilities no matter how unlikely have exactly the same chance of happening. Fun stuff. Mildly depressing
smile.gif

Let's couple that ^ with the fact that IF a human ever stepped foot on an alien world or an alien on ours, good chance that all life on the planet will basically shrivel up and die. You can't step foot on an undiscovered area without the germs you will never have an issue with killing a majority of the current inhabitants. I can only imagine what truly alien germs would do.

And people look at me weird when I tell them that IF superman existed he would look like Howard Hughes on a bad day, smell like a homeless person under the hot sun (squared), and kill everything everywhere he went just by being there. Krypton exploded and the universes most potent bio-weapon was flung at earth :)Fortunately the entire population would dead before he could take his first baby steps. And then baby superman would have starved to death... So there's that
laugh.gif

Over the last 75 years that I've been on this planet, I've been witness to some amazing leaps in technology...Early computers used to take up a multi-storied building the size of a city block and had less speed and power than my cell phone...

I have to consider that if there is other forms of intelligent life forms out in the cosmos, certainly some of them are far advanced from where we are....Einstein pondered that there is a capability of bending time/space and would allow for comparatively immediate travel between either galaxies or dimensions and the possibility that another advanced civilization may already have that capability...

Specialty scientists have proposed that the human race has a great possibility of being wiped out by microbial bacteria and have suggested that, rather than the "Ash Winter" caused by a meteor strike in the Yucatan of Mexico thousands of years ago that caused the extinction of the dinosaurs, and that foreign bacteria was a hitch hiker on the meteor that caused the extinction of the life forms...

With the skeptical nature of mine, I would think that any country encountering an ET would forced to quarantine and hesitate on making any knowledge public, as well subjecting the same attitude to any innocent citizen(s) that may have had any form of interaction...

I remember reading a study that mathematically figured that there's three times as many stars in the visible universe as there are grains of sand on our planet. Most stars have planets. They've already discovered thousands of planets.

With numbers like that it'd be more strange if there were no E.T's than if there were.

On how little of space we really take up in the universe, this is from a scientist on another forum.
Quote:The popular estimate is that there are 10 times more stars in the night sky than grains of sand in the world's deserts and beaches. Our star, the Sun, is a below averaged sized star so on that basis it is smaller than 1/10th of a grain of sand. The Sun's diameter is 110 times that of Earth, I could go on but you will have got the scale of it by now.

In jest one of the comments was:
Quote:who is to say if we are really that intelligent compared to what is in the rest of the universe? Earth might be just an institutionalized colony of other galaxies. The rest of the universe's rejects.

In truth, that makes earth like a spec of fly crap in the entire universe.

Old movie line IDK if Carl Sagan actually said it but, "if we are the only ones in the whole universe, it sure is a waste of space" paraphrased.

T2G

The last few years have seen a huge increase in several things...

The government seems to be much more open to releasing documents that corroborate their knowledge of the existence of an alien presence (that or freedom of information demands are being executed).

Media including mainstream news services with the best cameras on the planet have been catching thousands of sightings a year. In the last few years we have seen many sightings caught on film that were witnessed by hundreds and even thousands of people attending an event where UFO's showed up.

Documentaries are coming up at a rate that's hard to keep up with.

It seems like the aliens are no longer concerned with staying unseen the way they used to, huge ones have been seen and filmed over major cities and witnessed by thousands. The one seen and filmed in New Mexico was seen several nights in a row, it was reported by police officers, media was reporting on it to where people were out looking for it the next night.

It's getting harder to say that you haven't seen any evidence so you can't buy into it. Even the military is starting to open up and admit to things.

Project Blue Beam...

We can see how much fake news there has been with almost no questions asked by the masses, testing the waters to see who would fall for a fake alien invasion?

There are some that say that we have the technology to project holograms in the atmosphere. Ask yourself; if the majority of people saw UFOs flying around the sky do you think more people are going to say "OMG I now have proof of aliens" or "LOL what kind of jokes are the govt playing on me now."

I am MUCH more skeptical of the leaders of this planet than I am confident that extra terrestrials are quietly visiting us.

I think I posted something about where I grew up in a rural area and how it was a hot spot in terms of sightings all the time. There was a state orphanage or group home about a mile away from us, the kids were considered whack jobs because for some reason UFO's were seen in that area by them all the time. Kids made fun of them as a result.

My friends and I would sleep outside in the summer time and lay awake for hours looking, more often than not we saw different numbers of them. My mom wanted us to wake her up so she could see, so one night we were watching thirty or forty of them (three of us). One guy freaked out and took off for home, I got my mom. She was fascinated and she went and told my dad to go out and look, she told him she wanted him to see this so he would stop making fun of us. He was
.pretty quiet about UFO's after that. They had been flitting around all at the same time, covering a big section of the sky from way up. When we talked about how fast they were moving and changing direction he had to admit that he thought they had to have been doing at least 40,000 mph because they covered half the sky so fast you could barely see them move.

Look up Allendale and Oroville California and it comes up as a region all the way up to Oroville that has lots of sightings on a regular basis.

Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerProject Blue Beam...

We can see how much fake news there has been with almost no questions asked by the masses, testing the waters to see who would fall for a fake alien invasion?

There are some that say that we have the technology to project holograms in the atmosphere. Ask yourself; if the majority of people saw UFOs flying around the sky do you think more people are going to say "OMG I now have proof of aliens" or "LOL what kind of jokes are the govt playing on me now."

I am MUCH more skeptical of the leaders of this planet than I am confident that extra terrestrials are quietly visiting us.

Yes some people are selfish and think the world revolves around them! Space is endless buddy. Look outside at night. Everyone of those stars is another universe. Or galaxy what ever they call our group of rocks that circle our sun. But some people do believe the world is flat.

Last edited:
Back