Stop the Personal Attacks

What ever happened to Patrick Henry's quote, "I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it". If you disagree with woodguru make an argument that supports your thoughts. The fact is most of the time you can't do it, so you just start name calling. Some of you guys sound like a bunch of little kids that cry because you don't get your way. The moderator is right, this behavior must stop. Barlow

Originally Posted By: BarlowWhat ever happened to Patrick Henry's quote, "I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it". If you disagree with woodguru make an argument that supports your thoughts. The fact is most of the time you can't do it, so you just start name calling. Some of you guys sound like a bunch of little kids that cry because you don't get your way. The moderator is right, this behavior must stop. Barlow

Because there is a TOS that evidently is supposed to be followed.

THAT is the issue.

There is no "intelligent" response to a poster who's sole purpose is to irritate. How does one combat that? You irritate in response. You cannot fight a guerilla war by following the "rules".

Hey barlow, love that quote. I and many other here did fight for his riggt to say whatever he wants. Unfortunatly that is not the issue here. The issue is the ban of many good members for far less, then the broad posts telling all of us to leave the poor troll alone. I am all for freedom of speech but as long as we are following rules of that speech, those rules should be enforced on a level playing field. That being said, I do not hold the moderators responsible for this because I don't have the facts. I don't know what other forces are at play here and who is pulling all the strings. My decision to leave pm in the next day or so has nothing to do with this troll and the politics covered in this thread. I plan on checking back in to at the very least collect my beer.

Originally Posted By: AzDiamondHeatOriginally Posted By: BarlowWhat ever happened to Patrick Henry's quote, "I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it". If you disagree with woodguru make an argument that supports your thoughts. The fact is most of the time you can't do it, so you just start name calling. Some of you guys sound like a bunch of little kids that cry because you don't get your way. The moderator is right, this behavior must stop. Barlow

Because there is a TOS that evidently is supposed to be followed.

THAT is the issue.

There is no "intelligent" response to a poster who's sole purpose is to irritate. How does one combat that? You irritate in response. You cannot fight a guerilla war by following the "rules".

You can't put out a fire by throwing gas on it either. Responding to his worthless posts are what fuels his flame.

Originally Posted By: RedfrogA guerilla war???? Really???

This is a forum to exchange points of view in a respectful manner.

That's it. Simple.

Yes Red. Guerilla war.

It is an ANALOGY to the fact that one side follows the rules and the other side does not. It is an EXTREMELY accurate analogy. AND just like throughout history, when one side does not follow the rules, that side WINS.

So please, answer the questions that have, in a respectful manner, been asked.

Are you going to enforce all the rules equally, or are you going to continue to allow certain individuals to violate the TOS while threatening to hold others to it?

Or, is it YOUR position that the certain member in question has NOT violated the "clear and simple" TOS?

Is it YOUR position that a certain individual can come on here, make statements for the sole purpose of antagonizing the board, and in that same statement say that all who disagree are morons, and that this individual is NOT violating the "clear and simple" TOS?

I really want to know so that I understand what I can and can't say. Clearly, there is either a double standard or certain parts of the TOS are intentionally not being enforced.

Please explain if it will ALL be enforced, or which selective parts will be enforced.

Just be "clear and simple" in your answer.

The TOS are here for everyone. You may not agree with the decisions of the mods and admin here and that is certainly your choice.

This is not a war, this an internet forum.

Hope this clear and simple enough.

Last edited:
I'd still like my questions answered...

If a member of PETA or Everytown For Gun Safety comes in here and deliberately offers an oppositional opinion to incite discord amongst the members in the Predator Hunting and AR forums, is everyone there going to be told to simply ignore him? Because that is essentially what you're suggesting gentlemen. The liberal views he espouses here in the Church are the same liberal views that drive both of those organizations.

Personally, I have tried ignoring Woodguru, but as stated elsewhere above his responses are obvious in quotes, and even if no one quotes him, his posts are obvious on the active topics board, where he has incited retaliatory responses to his inane posts from several members of this board who don't frequent the Church. Furthermore, ignoring him doesn't work because when he's ignored he ramps up his post count, deliberately, posting in every topic that hits the board, deliberately while likewise ramping up the ignorance in said posts, deliberately, and deliberately calls other members out, to incite the attacks we are all being chastised over.

In my time on this board, I've supported your call builders to the tune of 6 - 7 thousand dollars worth of business, currently have a paid account to sell calls here, have done a couple thousand dollars worth of business with other members in the classifieds section, have built many friendships amongst members. Supported the expo through raffle ticket purchases. What exactly has your poster child contributed that is deserving of alienating other long standing members? Because like several other members above, if my support of this forum isn't appreciated any more than this I can, and will most certainly, find other places to spend my time and offer my support.

Originally Posted By: RedfrogThe TOS are here for everyone. You may not agree with the decisions of the mods and admin here and that is certainly your choice.

Nope, it's not.

I for one would like the specific questions answered.

Why are the "clear and simple" rules not being applied to all? You CANNOT say they are. That is the great thing about the internet. What has been said is in writing and it is indisputable.

I openly admit I have been acting like an [beeep]. It was intentional to get this topic to the boiling point. But to come down on us because you refuse to enforce the rules is absurd.

Now, if by your statement "The TOS are here for everyone." you mean that you will NOW enforce them against the antagonist from california, then wonderful, we have accomplished our goal. If by your answer you are stating that you are refusing to acknowledge the question as it will point out the obvious deficiencies in your enforcement of the TOS rules, then shame on you.

Originally Posted By: LONEHOWLLOL...same old Predator "Masters". This boards cred took a [beeep] years ago and will never recover.
Mark

Spot on, I agree 100%. Once this was taken over by the one main poster, who posts 75% of the posts in this forum (who has been on my ignore for quite a while) and his legion of followers who do most of the responding to them, this forum became nothing worth coming to see except for the occasional glance for comedic value.

Last edited:
Your still not answering the questions. I would like to see the answers to AZ and Rockys questions. A member comes on this forum for the sole purpose of disrupting said forum but gets a pass from administration, other members get tired of said member and post responses back at him. Now all of a sudden the long standing members are getting verbally warned to follow the TOS, but the one forum member who's sole purpose was to disrupt this forum to begin with, is setting back and laughing at what he's caused here. If you wanted to uphold the TOS then the administration should have banned him a long time ago.

Looks like this has gone the way of PC politics.I thought for some time it would.
This is the only forum I ever posted to. I never was up to speed on etiquette but it was a friendly place. The folks here held strong to certain ideas. I have watched these ideas become old fashioned as only a very few came on board who will tell you flat out there is no God and they are smarter than anyone else they know.
As we see everywhere today they have got their way.
I just don't understand where things went so wrong.No matter where you go the atheists get catered to.
If anyone would care to look back this all started when three members ridiculed Belief in God. One is gone,one seldom posts except to chime in now and then to support the last and most vocal who has won.
The ability to convince those in control of the rule book that they alone are right and everyone else is wrong,which is happening across this Nation escapes me.
I knew better than to post.I now wish I had never posted at all.
To the friends I still have here;Some of you have my email and can share with any others who might want to communicate that way.
To the admin,Thank you kindly for having me.I will move along now.

Originally Posted By: Ridgeline17You all kick Cat off here but let this stay. How about explaining that one.

We do not discuss personal disciplinary actions re: members. Never have.

If you cannot post without name calling. then do not post.

Originally Posted By: larrYour still not answering the questions. I would like to see the answers to AZ and Rockys questions. A member comes on this forum for the sole purpose of disrupting said forum but gets a pass from administration, other members get tired of said member and post responses back at him. Now all of a sudden the long standing members are getting verbally warned to follow the TOS, but the one forum member who's sole purpose was to disrupt this forum to begin with, is setting back and laughing at what he's caused here. If you wanted to uphold the TOS then the administration should have banned him a long time ago.
He won't answer the question because he knows he is wrong, and so does everyone else!

Originally Posted By: RedfrogNot sure how many ways I can say this. Post within the TOS.

Does that apply to everyone?

I just want clarification. And does the ENTIRE TOS apply, or just the selective part that you have been threatening in this thread while ignoring the violations that started the issue?

Or is it just "name calling" that will no longer be tolerated?

It would seem that there is still confusion within your post Red.

So I ask(in a polite and respectful manner), will the ENTIRE TOS be enforced against EVERYONE?

Please provide a CLEAR and simple answer. The answer SHOULD be either a YES or a NO.

CLEAR and SIMPLE.

Originally Posted By: larrYour still not answering the questions. I would like to see the answers to AZ and Rockys questions. A member comes on this forum for the sole purpose of disrupting said forum but gets a pass from administration, other members get tired of said member and post responses back at him. Now all of a sudden the long standing members are getting verbally warned to follow the TOS, but the one forum member who's sole purpose was to disrupt this forum to begin with, is setting back and laughing at what he's caused here. If you wanted to uphold the TOS then the administration should have banned him a long time ago.

AND.......

none of the attributed actions form the rest of would have been necessary.

PERIOD.

Originally Posted By: RedfrogThe TOS are here for everyone. You may not agree with the decisions of the mods and admin here and that is certainly your choice.

Wonder how you missed this?

Back