22 Creedmoor is ready

Originally Posted By: crowkiller51How many steps to create the 22 cm brass from the 6 cm brass?

Just my method.... Run the 6mm CM brass thru a 6.5 CM bushing die with .260 bushing then just size normal in a 22 Creedmoor FL die. I check neck thickness and if it's not what I want I have turned brass but last batch no turning came out perfect.

You can just size it in the 22CM FL die but 6mm brass OD is normally .270 and my finished OD is .253 so that's a pretty big step and I prefer to only step down about .010 each down size

WOW...that's some hard holding!
thumbup.gif

Regards,
hm

I think you could take 6CM to 22CM in one step using a custom FL sizer. However for my most recent batch I turned at 6MM, then necked .260, then necked .250.

I found a picture I took of the coyote with it's back blown out. I have never seen anything like this, in 20 years of calling. I have hit coyotes with light bullets in 7mm Rem Mag and not seen devastation like this. If the 80's keep blowing holes out of dogs like this... I'm going to have to switch. This dog was shot in the front chest. He was angled upward a bit, as he stepped up on a little ledge with his front legs before I fired. I'm hesitant to post this, but I think it's important for science, as it's important to know how bullets really behave in the field. This dog was shot at 110yds.

KoPntFKh.jpg

Here is the spray that was directly behind him.

QfXgDTkh.jpg

----------------------------------------------

I cranked another dog this morning with this rifle... but it wasn't really scientific since I called him up to 70yds and shot him in the face.

eDr3sElh.jpg

Originally Posted By: jpx2rkCan we just call you & the gun "The Terminator".

If you like. I've been called worse.
wink.gif

Daym! That looked like a pretty coyote too.

What made you switch from the 22-243?

I have a 6 Creedmoor that is probably 400 rounds or so from being shot out and thinking about changing cartridges after that. A rebarrel for another rifle and my 6 Creed brass could be repurposed. I like blowing holes in coyotes, but would hate to call in a cat with that rifle. Shooting and hoping for the best or letting it walk would be a tough decision.

Yeah, I don't think I'd use 22CM if there were a possibility of calling in a cat. It would probably cleave it in half.

A poster on Gunhive.com forums pointed out the energy difference between the 22-243 and 52SMK's I was running compared to the 80's I'm running now. It's basically double the energy.

I switched from the 22-243 because I wanted to try some heavy bullets, and I figured I'd answer some questions about the 22 Creed in the process. I had only worked with it lightly before this when working on customers rifles and conversions.

Originally Posted By: Saskcoyote78Nice to see you rocking the Tangent Theta...great Canadian company. Yes indeed. We've been selling them since they launched a few years back. I had an opportunity to play with some early prototypes, and knew they were going to be the thing to have. The TT315M I'm running on my coyote rifle is hands down the best hunting optic I've ever used. Just incredible stuff. ... and as you said, the company is fantastic.

http://www.primalrights.com/optics/tangent-theta/tt315m

These camo jobs look similar, is there a name for the pattern ?

Originally Posted By: orkanGot the 22 Creedmoor all ready to go for this season.

nmre8J1h.jpg

TS Customs sprayed that for me. I call it Desert Winter Mirage. You choose the 3 colors you want... and call it what you want.
smile.gif

I personally don't think the two patterns you showed look similar. I really like the way TS Customs does it, as it produces some excellent break-up of the outline with a bit more vertical dispersion.

Having said that, it isn't as if there's been a real innovation in camo in the last 50yrs. It just became branded.

Other than the color choices, the layout is similar.
Not a real good sample for the O'Neil rifle, just one I grabbed off the web.

Makes not much matter to me, just curious. When you look at 100's of rifle pics a few patterns stick out, from the norm.

Back