need help with savage target action

josebd

guys i have bought a model 12 LRPV Left Port .223 from a guy in michigan,im in texas
he sent me some pictures of it and i noticed a couple of pictures of inside the chamber.
i dont know if its a illusion or what,but look inside towards chamber up towards top?

Last edited:
It does look kind of strange, I can't imagine it being anything other than an optical illusion. I've nothing but good about that particular gun. Is it a private individual or a Gun Broker type site? I would contact the seller and express your concerns and ask for more pics of that particular area of the gun. I had a similar issue like yours in the past but it turned out to be nothing. But I would defiantly contact the seller for your own piece of mind.

Here Kitty Kitty

I guess I don't see anything wrong with either picture?

The half moon at the top is the front of the breech, the sides of which are cut for the bolt lug race ways, then when the bolt passes and turns into battery, the locking lugs on the bolt lock against that half moons at top and bottom. You can barely make out the "cliff" edges of the bottom half moon.

Perfectly normal to me. Hope the price was good, I'm sure the action will be - it's a Savage Precision action afterall.

Nothing to worry about. There is not a better factory gun made. (Even though it kills me to say that; as much as I hate savage).

If that is a locking lug sticking down like that the bolt face would never reach the back of the barrel. Action locking recesses are just that, recesses not protrusion into the action. The protruding lugs are on the bolt riding in races on either side of the action and turning into the recesses.

Back