Night goggles dvr help?

jc11

I'm borrowing my friends night goggles dvr. It's new on the box. I am hooking it up to my pulsar apex and playing around with it until I get one myself. It record great but I can't seem get audio to record with it. I'm using the double cable for an external battery for the thermal and an rca for video. Tge cable I have hooked to the dvr is the one that came with the night googles pkg (3 way rca to the thermal and Walkman type to the dvr). Is this the right cable? Maybe I have it hooked up wrong? It records nice but no audio.

Don't think it does. I recorded a short video then played it back using the dvr I had video with no sound. I haven't check it through my tv yet to see ,just the dvr. I'm using the double cable that came with my apex.

Use the NGI cable with the microphone embedded in it, it is an external mic wrapped into the video cable that comes with the DVR.

Also in the DVR setup, turn on both video and sound recording.

We order these DVR units without the internal sound mic due to the sound quality is not what we like. So instead, We make cables with a high fidelity mic wrapped with the cable that are made for our mini DVR's.

Originally Posted By: jc11Thank you, do they have a cable that will run both the battery pack with the dvr? I will be ordering one now.

Sorry we do not. We are gonna be making another run of Pulsar cables, currently we have none in stock.
frown.gif

Ugggh,just my luck. Is there a cable for running both battery and dvr? If not I'd rather give up audio vs running external battery pack. Plus $100 cable is crazy.

Originally Posted By: mdmorrowWhere is the mike located in the cable? I assumed it was in the unit itself.

No, high quality external mic wrapped in the video cable.

With the apex it only has one connection for the video and external battery. With the new cable can both device be ran at the same time? Every cable I see it looks like just the battery or just the dvr can just run.

The night goggles DVR uses a 3 banded mini headphone type plug. Most of the other DVR (UNV) use a 2 banded one. Does anybody know if there is an adapter or any sort so I can use 2 banded plugs with my Night Goggles DVR. Does that make sense to anyone?

I have the same DVR for the HD19a. I have messed around with it. The little remote control that came with it, does that start and stop the recording process? Also when you hit one of the buttons on that remote does it have a little light that lights up? I don't know if my batter in the remote is bad or it just doesn't work. Haven't investigated it too much yet

Back