For all you wondering what to do to save America...

Colorado Pete

Here is one way we can all help salvage our sinking national ship:

www.appleseedinfo.org

It is an American history/American heritage educational program that teaches the history of the American Revolution, specifically the fight at Concord/Lexington MA April 19th, 1775 (Paul Revere's ride, the shot heard round the world, etc.). It combines this with a very intense and thoroughly correct two-day seminar on the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship with the intent of maintaining and expanding the American tradition of being a nation of marksmen. Their goal is for people to be able to shoot 4 MOA out to 500 yards with a rack-grade rifle (M1, 03, Enfield, M1A, AR, AK, SKS, hunting rifle, whatever) using complete knowledge of the fundamentals, the loop sling, natural point of aim, position skills, etc.

It is non-political and is not a typical second amendment-type organization in that they concentrate on informing attendees of their historical heritage and debt to the Founders, and creating skilled and motivated rifle shooters.

I urge all of you to check it out thoroughly and consider getting yourselves involved locally. The left has been churning out little programmed leftists from our schools for a generation and keeping them that way through the MSM. It's time we countered by creating more of 'us'.

If half of us on this board got involved in expanding the Appleseed program in 2009 the next presidential election could very well go our way. I'm working on it in CO.

Moderators, would you please pin this up? I don't want any newcomers to the forum to miss it.

Thanks all.

I agree 110% I'm on board!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I hope to attend an Appleseed shoot in the near future - as soon as one is hosted locally again that is. The hard part is coming up with 500 rounds of "expendable" ammunition...

Appleseed is up and running in Colorado at Ben Lomond Gun Club north of Ramah (southeast of Kiowa, a little west of Limon...eastwards of both Denver and Colorado Springs). There will be shoots there on April 18/19, May 30/31, and also for the following three months (not sure what the dates are yet). We will also have clinics going on at Frontier Gun Club at their Fountain range southeast of Colorado Springs, beginning sometime in late summer.
Go here for the nationwide schedule: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=4032.0

Desert Ram, looks like there will be a shoot up at the Whittington Center in Raton April 18/19. You're right about ammo cost, can you shoot most of it with with just a .22 rifle?

Sorry Pete, missed your question until NM brought this back up. I believe you can shoot about half with a .22, while the other half is longer range and should be with a rifle.

Good luck to your wife and daughter NM; let us know how it goes.

DR, you can shoot the whole thing with a .22 rifle if you want at the 25-yard distance. The host range may or may not have facilities for further shooting, depending where it is. With current ammo prices many folks shoot mostly or entirely rimfire. The skills taught work at any distance.

Originally Posted By: conservative1911Great info. I checked out site and will forward. This is the exact type of program that we must all get behind.

Heck, go attend one!

Agreed. But I think anyone who shoots 4 moa at 500 yds with a rack grade AK ought to be nominated for sainthood
smile.gif

4 MOA @ 500 with an AK/SKS is not very likely, but that is more a sights/ammo/rifle issue! With a decent AR15/AR10/FNFAL/M1/M1A/1903-03A3/Enfield No. 4/1917 it is much more likely!

With what is going on in our country right now we all need to get involved with everything we can, so we can help our country stay our country.....Will look into the Appleseed Shoot in my area. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:
Back