Unit 10 Wyoming elk

tking

I'm going on a private land hunt in unit 10 Wyoming with a rifle. Has anyone on here hunted unit 10? It buts up against Medicine Bow Nat. Forrest. If so let me know how you liked the area and are there any big bulls around? The guide says so but I'd like to hear from guys that's hunted it.
Thanks

I have hunted unit 10 twice,shot 1 bull and 1 cow. I drew a general this year and will be going again. I have been diy on public ground. This year bulls are not legal (rifle)until after Oct 14, snow is your friend after the rut. 350 would be a big big bull where I hunt. I sure most of the ranches are better. Good luck.

Originally Posted By: spotstalkshootI have hunted unit 10 twice,shot 1 bull and 1 cow. I drew a general this year and will be going again. I have been diy on public ground. This year bulls are not legal (rifle)until after Oct 14, snow is your friend after the rut. 350 would be a big big bull where I hunt. I sure most of the ranches are better. Good luck. This will be my first elk hunt ever. I'm very exited about it. The outfitter said the bulls go anywhere from 280 to 340 in that area. It will be on private land don't know if that will be much different than public but I guess we will see. Good luck to you let us know how you do.
Thanks

Be in the best shape you can,especially cardio, you want to beable to keep up with your guide.Mid- Late October should expect snow,have gaiters and good wool socks. Break in your boots and waterproof them and have a hydration plan, the altitude and low humidity will dehydrate you quickly. You will need 40 ounces of water for a all day hunt(walking).

Back