Day time calling

I've killed a bunch of predators in the first couple hours of daylight. On great days, cold and overcast, a bit of snow I've killed critters all day long. Last hour of light works too.

I hunt when I can and more often than not it's during the day, I get time for basically one full day a week.

Latest in the morning i've kill a yote is around 10am, earliest in the afternoon was around 2:30. Daytime is no where near as productive as night, but when you cant use lights due to laws, at least you can see (and use a rifle in mass) during the day. Rather call than sit at home, can't kill em from the couch.

Most of my calling has been late evening after work, but I have had success in early morning and afternoon too. Like previously mentioned, I called whenever I could depending on weather.

Mornings and evenings as mentioned, cold overcast and calm before a storm can be great all day. Thick terrain is better for day calling. open ground for night. Success depends a lot on conditions but, generally I average 1 coyote for every 3 days of hunting.

all my calling is done in the daytime, mostly from dawn till noon. I like just at daylight the best, cloudy days are best
don

Originally Posted By: GCI've killed a bunch of predators in the first couple hours of daylight. On great days, cold and overcast, a bit of snow I've killed critters all day long. Last hour of light works too.

This ^ Also had great success calling coons out of the den during the day but numbers at night are always better.

Back