Just 0ne M0re Time...

Originally Posted By: hm1996 Quote:I think soon though, the shoulder is going to be in good enough shape to start with the 223, and maybe start calling a few coyotes. I have been a good boy, doing what I am supposed to, and not doing what I am not supposed to. I tried to shoulder a rifle 3 weeks ago, it was no dice.

What happened to your shoulder, Jeff; guess I missed it. Hope it heals up soon!

Regards,
hm

Early this summer I was working up on our metal roof and fell on my shoulder. After about 6 weeks of trying to work through it I went to the doc, he said I needed surgery. Turns out I had three torn tendons. I had shoulder surgery on the 24th of June. Shoulder surgery has one of the slowest and most painful recoveries out of all of them, or so I am told. IMO it hasn't really been that bad, just slow. I don't like slow. Anyways, it is going better than expected.

Ouch! Best to follow Doc's "suggestions". Tendons are bad juju. I caught a toe under a root and fell hard a few years ago. Luckily only "strained" tendon in my calf but took a couple of months before I could walk w/a cane.

Glad you're getting better, but don't push it.

Regards,
hm

I am very well versed in the "just one more time" & "tomorrow".. With Smirnoff Red label 100 proof and Jim Beam 7 year old "tomorrow" never comes.. I ETS out of the Army, came back to OK and my ducks were not in a row.. "Today" with God's grace my kids do not have a raging alcoholic for a father.. Yep, and coyote has been a big part of my recovery.. If I'm going to relapse, I am gonna relapse on coyote;)

Jeff, I know what it's like to not be able to hunt.. In Iraq I always saw jackals and would think "I bet those things have never been called." OIF 1 we crossed the border under cover of darkness and I remember seeing them for the 1st time through NODs.. When I saw them in daylight they looked pretty much like a coyote in a summer coat but without the long muzzle and ears;

I missed hunting and really wanted to try to call in some of those jackals.
crazy.gif
They are about the same size as the coyotes we have around here;

You need to get well enough to start killing them again. Miss your posts.

I still can't believe you got that pistol back;)

I'm working on it. If I can slip it past the War Dept I may try and go shoot the suppressed 10/22 tomorrow, just to start getting the right movements back. I plan to be calling no later than the first of Oct, maybe middle of Sept. This weekend I am going to pull the Silencerco Omega off the 6.5 Creedmoor and put it on the CZ-527 in anticipation of starting to practice with it in the next week or two.

I did get on the zero turn mower yesterday and I got the 100 yard range mowed. I was planning on mowing the 200 today and getting it back in shape but we got 1.5" of rain last night so that probably isn't happening.

The thought of missing dove season is killing me, but I know an extended session with the old Light Twelve just isn't happening this year. I'm not going to do anything to screw up all the hard work I have put into therapy so far.

Back