I'm in BIG Trouble!!!

lol.gif
lol.gif

Gotta remember that one.
Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: Uncle JimboI don't know about your wife but my wife has used the, "But it was on sale!" line many times on purchases that she made. Seems only fair to be able to use the same line back to our wives. It rarely works on my wife but it's worth giving it a try.

My wife always justifies it when she goes shopping at Kohl's just look at how much I saved.

I'm still trying to figure out why you felt you had to "confess" to the purchase....I have my income, my wife has hers, we each contribute equal amounts to the household expense/budget and what is left over is ours, individually, to do with as we choose...If we still had kids in the house, those expenses would be equally shared as well...

If I choose to buy a new firearm, car, or anything else, she may roll her eyes, or shake her head, but there is never hassle about it...

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleI'm still trying to figure out why you felt you had to "confess" to the purchase....I have my income, my wife has hers, we each contribute equal amounts to the household expense/budget and what is left over is ours, individually, to do with as we choose...If we still had kids in the house, those expenses would be equally shared as well...

If I choose to buy a new firearm, car, or anything else, she may roll her eyes, or shake her head, but there is never hassle about it...

Well we do have 3 kids at home, the usual bills and such, as well as the fact that she's a stay-at-home mom who does the bills and knows what we can and can't do.

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleI'm still trying to figure out why you felt you had to "confess" to the purchase....I have my income, my wife has hers, ..... individually, to do with as we choose.

This.

Of course I know guys joke a lot about wives and the subject of buying toys etc., but the problem is that joking too much just feeds the dragon. Too many women now believe they can control their husbands. Sad fact is that many can.

Man up. Be responsible with finances, provide for the family, and when it's your turn for an occasional thing, do it and make no apologizies for it.

Before I got married I informed my wife-to-be that I love guns, hunting and shooting and that I would never give them up, so don't ask. When she married me, she married my toys too, past, present and future.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06Originally Posted By: OldTurtleI'm still trying to figure out why you felt you had to "confess" to the purchase....I have my income, my wife has hers, ..... individually, to do with as we choose.

This.

Of course I know guys joke a lot about wives and the subject of buying toys etc., but the problem is that joking too much just feeds the dragon. Too many women now believe they can control their husbands. Sad fact is that many can.

Man up. Be responsible with finances, provide for the family, and when it's your turn for an occasional thing, do it and make no apologizies for it.

Before I got married I informed my wife-to-be that I love guns, hunting and shooting and that I would never give them up, so don't ask. When she married me, she married my toys too, past, present and future.

Yep I'm the same way. Don't buy things you can't afford and don't sweat the small stuff. I don't complain when she spends $150 at Kohls or wherever and she doesn't complain with guns, hunting, motorcyles, etc...

If she's not talking to you, I'd just enjoy the peace and quiet. Not often you get that from a wife.

Besides it's likely just the calm before the storm.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: lyotehunteryou make the money for all so sell some fur to make it up that has funded my hunts for 40plus years

A couple of good fur checks for her to spend and she'll be upgrading your equipment, scouting and sending you out to hunt..

Originally Posted By: RedfrogIf she's not talking to you, I'd just enjoy the peace and quiet........

There you go.

Me too. I sold my BAR 300mag to finance something in the future and she aint happy. My wife never tells me not to buy a gun but she gets mad if I sell one. You would think that I kicked her cat or sold a kid.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OldTurtleI'm still trying to figure out why you felt you had to "confess" to the purchase....I have my income, my wife has hers, we each contribute equal amounts to the household expense/budget and what is left over is ours, individually, to do with as we choose...If we still had kids in the house, those expenses would be equally shared as well...

AMEN!
Thats the way it is between my wife and I. We found each other and got married a little later in life than most. So we were quite accustom to "our own money".

What I dont get is the whole "permission" thing with either one income or two. Personally I think its silly. Does she ask for permission to purchase something too?
Enjoy your Bog Pod

Last edited:
Did you think MAYBE she may have been looking to buy it for you for Xmas or something and you went and got it so that ruined her surprise...just a thought that could be possible.

The last time the ol lady was butt hurt about a purchase that I made and was being rather irritable for several days I decided instead of apologizing I'd do my best to help her forget about it. So a few days later when she headed to bed I did too. A few minutes after laying down I broke out the cellular device and started watching an adult themed movie. When asked what the [beeep] I was doing I responded by saying "well you've been so piss here lately I figured that I shouldn't try anything." Believe it or not we are still together and let me tell you what, she forgot all about what I bought!! You can try this at your own risk!

Hey I have a great idea! When you wife gets really mad, I mean madder than you ever remember. Just be BOLD! And ask her, " Honey I guess this means me getting lucky tonight it out of the question?"

I've never dared to do that, but let us all know how that goes for you???

Originally Posted By: g Bo " Honey I guess this means me getting lucky tonight it out of the question?"

I've dared to do it many times. I don't put it quite that way though. I say something more along the lines of "You just wait until tonight, I'll make it up to you Honey, don't you worry...". Means the same thing. Usually does kinda work, a little bit...
laugh.gif

- DAA

Originally Posted By: DAAOriginally Posted By: g Bo " Honey I guess this means me getting lucky tonight it out of the question?"

I've dared to do it many times. I don't put it quite that way though. I say something more along the lines of "You just wait until tonight, I'll make it up to you Honey, don't you worry...". Means the same thing. Usually does kinda work, a little bit...
laugh.gif

- DAA

Dave, as always I have a lot to learn

I've never understood this. I wonder when men started getting ruled by women?

Doesn't work like this in my house. Not even a little bit. If she tried, she'd be sleeping in the barn until she got right, or I replaced her. This issue "modern men" have with women is laughable. ... and people wonder why divorce is at an all time high and continuing to climb. If men acted like men, perhaps families would stay together.

Back