22 Creedmoor is ready

orkan

Got the 22 Creedmoor all ready to go for this season.

Untouched 6CM brass on the left, turned and necked down 22CM on the right.
smile.gif

yeVvNlPh.jpg

Got the load dialed in today. Let me just say... coyotes are in for it this year. It's going to go down about like this:
wile-coyote-5.jpg

Here's 3-shot groups while dialing in the zero and finalizing the node.
mUOR3R8l.jpg

Here's 2 individual confirmation shots.
AOK4XZLl.jpg

WRBRitql.jpg

5-shot group. (yeah, one had to get away from me. kinda breezy.)
JxvcSwgl.jpg

Qfa1Mvzh.jpg

JjRTD4yh.jpg

80gr berger going 3525fps is going to punch their lights right out. 43gr of H4350 lighting the fire.

nmre8J1h.jpg

Desert Tech SRS-A1, 26" TS Customs conversion, 8 twist, standard contour, spiral flutes, Thunderbeast ultra-5, Tangent Theta TT315M

We need a complete volume and spec list on that bad boy ----
A real game changer build ---- CONGRATS ---
Death Dealer ----
Thx

that is an absolutely fantastic rifle, with an even better paint job. Extremely well done. Extremely! But I think you're going to have a lot of trouble with that bullet as far as bang flop goes. They did a very poor job from the swift, and I'm not sure a little more velocity is going to be a game changer.

Many say the 80.5 is the cats meow, but I haven't experimented.

Of course, some people don't mind a little post shot exercise.

One things for sure.... You're going to hit them!

Originally Posted By: CZ527that is an absolutely fantastic rifle, with an even better paint job. Extremely well done. Extremely! But I think you're going to have a lot of trouble with that bullet as far as bang flop goes. They did a very poor job from the swift, and I'm not sure a little more velocity is going to be a game changer.

Many say the 80.5 is the cats meow, but I haven't experimented.

Of course, some people don't mind a little post shot exercise.

One things for sure.... You're going to hit them!

I am a little concerned about the Bergers myself. I just switched from 80Amax to 80.5 Berger's and will give them a run on coyotes this season to see how they do.
AMax are awesome but being the itenerate tinkerer I just have to see what they will do.
On targets they are very good.I am running a moderate load of Reloder 26 at 3460fps from a 24 inch barrel right now.
I have some of the new Reloder16 and Reloder 23 that I have been meaning to give a whirl too.

Whacked 2 coyotes today with this kit. One was a frontal chest shot that left a soccer ball sized exit. It was ridiculous. I mean, it was completely and totally ridiculous. A fur saving cartridge/bullet combo this is NOT. I've shot coyotes with 7mm's that didn't do this much damage. It left carnage out the back side as if a grenade went off in there.

The second one was a pup that got it directly between the eyes, knocking his brain clean out. I had a shot about 1" in diameter through a weed, with that opening centered on his head... and that was it.

Both were on camera, so when we get back from this trip I'll be sure to tag here when I get them edited and uploaded.

Both were shot right at 110yds... which was weird.

hWTCWQah.jpg

Walked up to the next one laying just like this.
RuqLakhh.jpg

The new Lapua 6.5 Creedmoor Brass with the small primer pockets can not get here soon enough. Those tight pockets and tough-as-nails brass should let you lean on this a little bit. I have mine built, just waiting on dies from Whidden. Running the 80.5's.

Back