Barry Sez: None Yo Bidness!

azmastablasta

Gotta wonder how much can a nuclear weapon, backpack nuke, suitcase nuke, dirty bomb...... be purchased for......on the black market?

Obama Admin Won’t Tell Congress How It Paid Iran $1.3 Billion in Taxpayer Funds
Mystery still surrounds payout to Iran
BY: Adam Kredo
August 23, 2016 3:50 pm

The Obama administration is withholding from Congress details about how $1.3 billion in U.S. taxpayer funds was delivered to Iran, according to conversations with lawmakers, who told the Washington Free Beacon that the administration is now stonewalling an official inquiry into the matter.

The Departments of State, Treasury, and Justice have all rebuffed a congressional probe into the circumstances surrounding the $1.3 billion payment to Iran, which is part of an additional $400 million cash payout that occurred just prior to the release of several U.S. hostages and led to accusations that the administration had paid Iran a ransom.

The Obama administration has admitted in recent days that the $400 million cash delivery to Iran was part of an effort to secure the release of these American hostages, raising further questions on Capitol Hill about White House efforts to suppress these details from the public.

The $400 million was part of a $1.7 billion legal settlement reached with Iran earlier this year. Congressional inquiries into how this money reached Iran are failing to get answers.

The State and Treasury Departments declined on Tuesday to answer a series of questions from the Free Beacon about the method in which U.S. taxpayer funds were paid to Iran.

The administration is also withholding key details about the payment from leading members of Congress, including Sens. Ted Cruz (R., Texas) and Mike Lee (R., Utah), who launched an inquiry into the matter earlier this month.

The Departments of State, Treasury, and Justice all failed to respond to the inquiry by Monday’s deadline, according to congressional sources tracking the matter.

“The already bizarre circumstances surrounding the $1.7 billion payment to the Islamic Republic have only gotten stranger in the weeks since we learned of the $400 million in cash that was sent to the Iranian regime last January 16th,” Cruz said to the Free Beacon. “If this payment was, as the Obama administration insists, a straightforward settlement of an old debt that it would have cost America more to contest, why all the secrecy?”

The State Department said it does not know how the remaining $1.3 billion was transferred or to whom it was transferred. Cruz described this disclosure as “confounding.”

“It is even more confounding that the State Department spokesman claimed Monday not to know how or to whom the residual $1.3 billion was transferred, although he does know the transaction happened,” Cruz said. “That kind of money doesn’t just transfer itself to a rogue regime still under heavy U.S. sanctions for its sponsorship of terrorism. Someone in our government must have the answers the American people deserve.”

Cruz and Lee are seeking to determine if these payments violated U.S. law. They also requested information about the U.S. officials who negotiated and carried out the payments.

“While we are deeply concerned about the national security implications of the administration’s cash-for-hostages scheme, especially in light of reports that Iran has already arrested additional Americans, the purpose of this letter is to inquire about the legality of the payment,” the senators wrote in an Aug. 12 letter.

“It is imperative that the administration provide a full accounting of its conduct with respect to the $400 million cash payment to Iran,” they wrote. “If the administration violated the law, then Congress and the American people should be made aware of it so that they can hold the appropriate officials accountable and take whatever steps necessary to strengthen the law and prevent any reoccurrence.”

While the administration has remained silent about the circumstances surrounding the payment, investigative reporter Claudia Rosett recently disclosed that the Treasury Department transferred just under $1.3 billion to the State Department in 13 “large identical sums.”

The funds, allocated for “foreign claims,” could shine a light on how the administration moved taxpayer funds into the State Department’s purview in order to provide the additional payment to Iran.

In 13 individual payments of $99,999,999.99, the Treasury Department moved a total of 1,299,999,999.87, which roughly amounts to the remaining money owed to Iran.

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/...taxpayer-funds/

It's not "bizarre", it's FRIGGIN CRIMINAL!!! When are they going to lock him and Hillary up?!!! What is it going to take for Congress to grow a set of balls and hold him accountable for anything? Good Lord!!!

Originally Posted By: Rocky1It's not "bizarre", it's FRIGGIN CRIMINAL!!! When are they going to lock him and Hillary up?!!! What is it going to take for Congress to grow a set of balls and hold him accountable for anything? Good Lord!!!

Current congress is just as bad.

Originally Posted By: Rocky1What is it going to take for Congress to grow a set of balls

i think the procedure you're discussing is called an Addadicktome. It comes with wh0rem0an therapy
grin.gif
grin.gif

This is a settlement based on money that was confiscated from Iranians after 9/11, another way to put it...

It was their frigging money, it was owed to them.

Obama withheld $400 million in order to make sure they released the prisoners.

So what could be a better win win than to get something back like the release of prisoners when we owed them the money anyway?

Oh, but I shouldn't be annoying people with the truth and facts, right?

Caitlin, you shouldn't be annoying people at all, but that is the only way you can get attention. Did your mommy not bring you home any kibbles so the dog will play with you tonight?

Its OK, you still have time to go on forums and call men "babe" so you can feel special.

Trust me caitlin, we think you are very "special".

Yo Splinterhead... If this is all on the up and up, and it was their money, and it was all hunky dory... Why is Congress not aware of what channels the transfer of these funds went through, when they should rightfully have to approve said transfer of funds? Obama does NOT have the authority to effect that transfer all by his little jug eared self. I don't care if it was their money or not, I want him held accountable for the transfer of said $1.8 billion dollars through channels and by means other than those set forth by law. And, someone needs to be stepping forth and explaining how he pulled this [beeep] off without congress' approval, or heads need to roll all over DC.

I was trying to figure out why in all those pathetic pictures of that dimwitted limpwoodie, he appeared to have brown smudges from his eyebrows down to his trembling upper lip. It just dawned on me that he's following cabana boy so closely that every time he stops limpwoodie gets a nose full. Go back and look at those pics again guys and you'll see what I mean. Haven't seen them you say? Well you're certainly in the minority. Drop me a line. If nothing else they make good targets for the range. They make good bird cage liners, but puleeeze use caution, they scare little kids to death. Noamsayin?

Need to stop reading "the church", pretty soon I will be popping anti depressants!
rolleyes.gif

Saw something awhile back that said a suitcase nuke could be purchased on the black market for 500M, don't know that to be a fact though since it was part of a discussion on the news.

$1.3 Billion went out how? Approved by who? When? Seems fairly simple to answer these seemingly obvious questions surrounding what is purported to be "their" money. And the $400Million riding on a pallet -straight out shady Shiite.

If all is on the up & up why the stammering bs? In my Auditing days if someone can't answer seemingly obvious inquiries or puts up barriers - yeah they short cut rules or flat out ignored procedures.

T2G

Back